Forthcoming Events and Latest Lecture Videos
Tuesday 23 February 2016
- WASP - Simple Linear Regression 9:30am onwards, D025, Ebsworth Building, Queen's Campus, Stockton-on-Tees, Contact email@example.com
- Stress, health and wellbeing Special Interest Group (SIG) Colloquium 12:30pm to 4:00pm, Joachim Room, St Hild & St Bede College, Leazes Road, Durham, Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday 2 March 2016
- The Future of Primary Care - Professor Martin Roland, University of Cambridge - 2nd March 2016 5:30pm to 8:00pm, The Tees Suite, Wolfson Building, Durham University, Queen's Campus, Stockton, TS17 6BH, Professor Martin Roland, RAND Professor of Health Services Research, University of Cambridge, Contact email@example.com
Tuesday 15 March 2016
- Emotion, Affect and the Body - Durham Centre for Medical Humanities/Wolfson Post-Graduate and Early Career Research Network 4:00pm to 6:00pm, The Williams' Library, St. Chad's College, North Bailey, Durham, Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesday 22 March 2016
- Global Health Symposium - “Emerging threats and challenges in global health” 10:00am to 5:00pm, Department of Earth Sciences, Durham University, Contact email@example.com
Wednesday 4 May 2016
- Wolfson Annual Lecture - 'The Health Gap: the challenge of an unequal world', Professor Sir Michael Marmot 1:00pm to 3:00pm, M'Gonigle Lecture Theatre (D003), Ebsworth Building, Durham University, Queen's Campus, Stockton-on-Tees, Professor Sir Michael Marmot, Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Wolfson Research Institute for Health and Wellbeing
Improving Workforce Health & Wellbeing through National Policy
For 2012's Wolfson Annual Lecture Dame Carol Black delivered a lecture on Improving Workforce Health & Wellbeing through National Policy.
The Coalition and the Welfare State
Prof. Peter Taylor from the University of Kent discusses the real reasons why the coalition is cutting the welfare state.
Work, Worklessness and the Political Economy of Health
'Work, Worklessness and the Political Economy of Health' Inaugural Lecture by Prof. Clare Bambra
Pharmacy and Public Health: We Are Good But Could We Be Better?
Watch as Professor Claire Anderson discusses Pharmacy and Public Health at the Wolfson Annual Lecture on 27th November 2013.
Chickens can't run social care and mental health services
In this talk Camila Batmanghelidjh CBE (Chief Executive of Kids Company) will explore the change that is needed in order to make children's social care and mental health fit for purpose. She will be using a range of scientific and practical evidence to present a challenge and a potential solution.
Health Inequalities and the 1% - Wolfson Annual Lecture 2014
The Wolfson Research Institute welcomed Professor Danny Dorling to deliver the Wolfson Research Institute for Health and Wellbeing's Annual Lecture 'Health Inequalities and the 1%' on Wednesday 19 November 2014.
The Health Gap
How would the Premier League look if it were based on public health statistics? Professor Clare Bambra explains.
For audio recordings of past lectures, please click here.