Awards & Fellowships (Left)
Please see the information below regarding the Alan Richardson Fellowship and the William Leech Research Fellowships.
Alan Richardson Fellowship
The Alan Richardson Fellowship is awarded annually, and is endowed to promote research into the exposition and defence of Christian doctrine within the context of contemporary thought and its challenges. The Fellowship was founded in honour of the Very Reverend Alan Richardson, K.B.E., D.D., (1905-75), formerly Dean of York, Professor of Christian Theology in the University of Nottingham and Canon of Durham Cathedral.
The Alan Richardson Fellowship is awarded for one term during each academic year. The Fellow for the 2014-15 academic year will be Dr Peter Sedgwick, Principal of St. Michael's College, Cardiff, who will be working on the history of Anglican moral theology. Applications for the 2015-16 academic year will open in the summer of 2014.
For further information, please contact:
Board of Studies
Department of Theology & Religion
Fax from within U.K.: 0191-334 3941
Fax from outside U.K.: 0044-191-334 3941
- Prof. Robin Le Poidevin (Leeds)
- Dr Christian Smith (University of Notre Dame)
- Professor Paul Lakeland (Fairfield University)
- Dr. Ashley Null (Virginia Theological Seminary)
- Professor Jean Porter (University of Notre Dame, Indiana)
- Professor Paul Griffiths (Duke University)
- Professor Ellen Charry (Princeton Theological Seminary, New Jersey)
- Professor Nicholas Healy (St. John's University, New York)
- Dr. Douglas Hedley (Cambridge University)
- Professor Jens Schjørring (University of Aarhus, Denmark)
- Professor David Cunningham (Seabury-Western Theological Seminary, Illinois)
- Professor Jan-Olav Henriksen (Norwegian Lutheran School of Theology, Oslo)
- Professor Stephen Clark (Liverpool University)
- Professor John de Gruchy (University of Cape Town)
- Professor Adrian Thatcher (College of St. Mark and St. John, Plymouth)
- Dr. David Fagerberg (Concordia College, Minnesota)
- Dr. Mary Charles Murray (University of Nottingham)
- Dr. Denys Turner (Yale University)
- Professor Lee Gibbs (Cleveland State University)
- Professor Vincent Brümmer (University of Utrecht)
- Alan Richardson Fellowship Information (for 2014-2015) (last modified: 22 October 2013)
- Alan Richardson Fellowship Application Form (for 2014-2015) (last modified: 16 October 2013)
- Alan Richardson Fellowship Reference Form (for 2014-2015) (last modified: 22 October 2013)
William Leech Research Fellowships
The William Leech Research Fellowships in Applied Christian Theology were established in 1988 with monies from the William Leech Foundation, a charitable trust set up in 1960 by the Newcastle builder and philanthropist Sir William Leech.
The Fellowship programme is designed to promote the application of theological reflection to issues relevant to the life of the North East of England and beyond. Past holders of fellowships have included Peter Selby, Nick Sagovsky, Robin Gill and Philip Sheldrake.
Short-Term Fellowships can be held for periods of between three and nine months. Closing Dates are 7th January and 7th May in each calendar year.
For further details see the Leech Fellowship webpage at www.leechfellowship.org.