V6K707 Spirituality, Theology & Health MA
These programmes focus on the interdisciplinary and inter-professional issues that emerge in the study of spirituality and wellbeing, particularly in the healthcare context. It is possible to take an MA or MSc, depending upon the balance of theology and science options selected. However, all students will engage in theological reflection on a relevant topic and undertake a double module research dissertation, as well as taking the taught core module on spirituality, religion and health. Both programmes provide a stepping-stone to doctoral work.
Two core taught modules, two optional modules, and a dissertation.
- Spirituality, Religion & Health
- Practical Theology
- The Public Understanding of Science and Religion
- Resources, Methods & Interpretation
- Christian Gender
- Social Scientific Methods in the Study of Religion
- Specialised Aspects of Practical Theology
- Spirituality, Anthropology, Life and Death
- Ritual, Symbolism and Belief in the Anthropology of Religion
- Theology, Ethics and Medicine
- Current Issues in Care Design and Delivery
- Quantitative Health Research Methods
- Qualitative Health Research Methods
- Assessment Theory and Practice
- Anthropology of Global Health
- Public Health Anthropology
- Bodies, Politics and Experience
- Thinking Anthropologically
- Advanced Perspectives on Mental Health and Drug Use
- Fieldwork and Interpretation.
Subjects required, level and graded
An upper 2nd Class Honours degree or equivalent in a relevant subject (including relevant professional qualifications – eg MB, BS, or RGN, etc).
English Language requirements
Please check requirements for your subject and level of study
Requirements and Admissions
The University accepts the following alternative English language tests and scores.
Information relevant to your country
Fees shown are for one year. Total fee will depend on the length of your programme. All fees are subject to annual increases. For more information please visit the Tuition Fees page www.durham.ac.uk/postgraduate/finance/tuition
EU student fees
Home student fees
International non-EU student fees
Please also check costs for colleges and accommodation.