Enrolment and Registration
There are three stages to the registration process:
- Module Registration
- Verification of Identity
Enrolment and Module Registration
After your acceptance has been processed you will receive two email messages from firstname.lastname@example.org which provide:
- Your Computing and Information Services (CIS) username
- Information about how to derive your CIS password and guidance on how to access the system
The messages are sent 24 hours apart and are sent to the email address you provided when you applied so it’s important to let us know of any changes to this information by contacting the Student Records Team at email@example.com. You may also need to monitor your spam folders to see if the messages have arrived there.
After you have received both emails you will need to:
- Change your password
- Log into Durham University Online – duo.
- Choose the “Banner Self Service” link in duo under “External Tools”
- Choose Registration and Enrolment
- Enrol with the University
- Upload a photograph for your campus card
You will receive information from your department about registering for your programme and modules. You should follow the advice given about whether to complete registration for programmes and modules before you come to Durham or whether to wait until you arrive before making a final choice so that your department can give you further advice and information.
- Enrolment and upload of photograph should be completed 12 calendar days before your start date
- Module choices need to be made by 5 pm on Tuesday of Induction Week (information and advice on module choices will be given in departments on Monday and Tuesday of induction week).
Verification of identity
Verification of identity takes place at your college. You will need to bring either your current passport, current UK Driving Licence or current European Identity Card. If you are a UK student and you do not have any of these forms of identification you can bring your original Birth Certificate. After you have had your identity verified you can then collect your campus card.
If you require assistance through the enrolment process, please contact your college, department or further guidance is available on the Student Registry website. If you have a technical problem, please contact the IT Service Desk.