Durham Law Professor gives evidence to Parliamentary Committee.
(2 November 2011)
Gavin Phillipson gave oral evidence to the Parliamentary Joint Committee on Privacy and Injunctions on 17th October 2012 as an academic expert on the interpretation of the Human Rights Act in relation to the balance of Articles 8 and 10 ECHR and interim injunctions. Professor Phillipson gave evidence in a session with Jack Straw, former Home Secretary during the passage of the Human Rights Act Sir Stephen Sedley (Court of Appeal Justice) and Lord Wakeham, former Chair of the Press Complaints Commission. A transcript of the session can be found here.
- MT @ukcla: Helen Fenwick: Conservative stance in the 2015 election on the UK’s relationship with Strasbourg Court PT2 http://t.co/PbrP54oRcu
Tweeted 2 weeks ago
- MT @ukcla: Helen Fenwick: Conservative stance in the 2015 election on the UK’s relationship with Strasbourg Court PT1 http://t.co/zWWJFhcjcJ
Tweeted 2 weeks ago
- Deadline approaching: We are now advertising for a Senior Lecturer and a Lecturer in Law.
Tweeted on Thu, 26 Feb 2015 09:00:30 +0000
- A reminder of the HRC and @DELI_Durham Postgraduate Reading group on the EU accession to the ECHR taking place tomorrow (3.30-5pm).
Tweeted on Tue, 17 Feb 2015 11:04:07 +0000
- Did you miss Lord Hodge's (@UKSupremeCourt) visit to Durham? Catch up with this Storify: http://t.co/1rL7PXxVbD http://t.co/axHaIvcoYB
Tweeted on Thu, 12 Feb 2015 13:00:13 +0000
- Some estimates put the scale of problem at 13-14,000 people in UK in modern slavery.
Tweeted on Wed, 11 Feb 2015 13:17:35 +0000
- .@jrf_uk commissioned Craig to look at the scale of the issue of contemporary slavery - http://t.co/GUosTLoQ83
Tweeted on Wed, 11 Feb 2015 13:15:52 +0000
- Craig traces the history of slavery (& legislation) in UK. Notes todays widespread disbelief/ignorance around issue.
Tweeted on Wed, 11 Feb 2015 13:14:00 +0000
- Looking forward to working lunch with Prof Gary Craig, presenting on UK Modern Slavery Bill https://t.co/MvnVgW4KiZ
Tweeted on Wed, 11 Feb 2015 13:08:08 +0000
- Save the date: 3rd March 2015 4.30pm
Leading lawyer Shami Chakrabarti hosts the annual @DurhamGLAD Conversation.
Tweeted on Wed, 11 Feb 2015 13:00:07 +0000