Durham Law Professor gives evidence to Parliamentary Committee.
(2 November 2011)
Gavin Phillipson gave oral evidence to the Parliamentary Joint Committee on Privacy and Injunctions on 17th October 2012 as an academic expert on the interpretation of the Human Rights Act in relation to the balance of Articles 8 and 10 ECHR and interim injunctions. Professor Phillipson gave evidence in a session with Jack Straw, former Home Secretary during the passage of the Human Rights Act Sir Stephen Sedley (Court of Appeal Justice) and Lord Wakeham, former Chair of the Press Complaints Commission. A transcript of the session can be found here.
- Durham HRC's @ruth_houghton on The Legacy of Magna Carta in @Lacunamagazine: http://t.co/xzFtaYMHft #HumanRightsAct #SaveOurHRA
Tweeted 3 days ago
- Find out more about the research done at Durham HRC on the proposed repeal of the Human Rights Act here: :https://t.co/PrJUmsLCb8
Tweeted 1 week ago
- Roger Masterman on the implications of breaking the link between British courts and the ECtHR. https://t.co/1XfLP3p1CF
Tweeted 1 week ago
- Join us today from 4-5:30pm Beyond balancing: can proportionality become a predictable, transparent test?
Tweeted 2 weeks ago
- Want to know more about the Human Rights Act and reform proposals? Our expertise here- http://t.co/yisBRH6rli http://t.co/tW4zOg1Yge
Tweeted on Fri, 11 Sep 2015 17:33:11 +0100
- Just Released:
'Policy Paper: The Place of Northern Ireland within UK Human Rights Reform'
Tweeted on Thu, 13 Aug 2015 14:59:54 +0100
- Houghton argues that Shakespeare riles the audience against King John's abuses. The spirit of #MagnaCarta is therefore in the audience.
Tweeted on Mon, 15 Jun 2015 15:26:18 +0100
- King John play toys with ideas of limiting power, kingship, arbitrary rule. Audiences have demanded that #MagnaCarta appears visibly in play
Tweeted on Mon, 15 Jun 2015 15:24:49 +0100
- Ruth Houghton exploring #MagnaCarta through Shakespeare's King John. #MagnaCarta not actually in the play, but does remind us of it.
Tweeted on Mon, 15 Jun 2015 15:21:14 +0100
- Human rights didn't reach peak with #MagnaCarta, or with US decl independence, or ECHR. Rights evolve.
Tweeted on Mon, 15 Jun 2015 15:15:35 +0100