Durham Law Professor gives evidence to Parliamentary Committee.
(2 November 2011)
Gavin Phillipson gave oral evidence to the Parliamentary Joint Committee on Privacy and Injunctions on 17th October 2012 as an academic expert on the interpretation of the Human Rights Act in relation to the balance of Articles 8 and 10 ECHR and interim injunctions. Professor Phillipson gave evidence in a session with Jack Straw, former Home Secretary during the passage of the Human Rights Act Sir Stephen Sedley (Court of Appeal Justice) and Lord Wakeham, former Chair of the Press Complaints Commission. A transcript of the session can be found here.
- This Friday Durham HRC welcomes @ProfGWilliams and Dr Petra Butler for a seminar on Bills of Rights. #HRA https://t.co/I8S8SX1Mot
Tweeted 1 week ago
- @DELI_Durham and @DurhamHRC Joint Roundtable on Refugee Crisis today 1pm PCL 058 - all welcome. https://t.co/CEPB6Y7NhR
Tweeted on Tue, 20 Oct 2015 09:56:36 +0100
- Next Week: @DELI_Durham / @DurhamHRC Roundtable on Refugee Crisis 20 Oct PCL 058 1-5pm http://t.co/PKKPjLYKv6
Tweeted on Wed, 14 Oct 2015 11:26:14 +0100
- Durham HRC's @ruth_houghton on The Legacy of Magna Carta in @Lacunamagazine: http://t.co/xzFtaYMHft #HumanRightsAct #SaveOurHRA
Tweeted on Tue, 06 Oct 2015 13:25:14 +0100
- Find out more about the research done at Durham HRC on the proposed repeal of the Human Rights Act here: :https://t.co/PrJUmsLCb8
Tweeted on Thu, 01 Oct 2015 16:42:53 +0100
- Roger Masterman on the implications of breaking the link between British courts and the ECtHR. https://t.co/1XfLP3p1CF
Tweeted on Thu, 01 Oct 2015 16:40:17 +0100
- Join us today from 4-5:30pm Beyond balancing: can proportionality become a predictable, transparent test?
Tweeted on Thu, 24 Sep 2015 14:37:24 +0100
- Want to know more about the Human Rights Act and reform proposals? Our expertise here- http://t.co/yisBRH6rli http://t.co/tW4zOg1Yge
Tweeted on Fri, 11 Sep 2015 17:33:11 +0100
- Just Released:
'Policy Paper: The Place of Northern Ireland within UK Human Rights Reform'
Tweeted on Thu, 13 Aug 2015 14:59:54 +0100
- Houghton argues that Shakespeare riles the audience against King John's abuses. The spirit of #MagnaCarta is therefore in the audience.
Tweeted on Mon, 15 Jun 2015 15:26:18 +0100