Durham Law Professor gives evidence to Parliamentary Committee.
(2 November 2011)
Gavin Phillipson gave oral evidence to the Parliamentary Joint Committee on Privacy and Injunctions on 17th October 2012 as an academic expert on the interpretation of the Human Rights Act in relation to the balance of Articles 8 and 10 ECHR and interim injunctions. Professor Phillipson gave evidence in a session with Jack Straw, former Home Secretary during the passage of the Human Rights Act Sir Stephen Sedley (Court of Appeal Justice) and Lord Wakeham, former Chair of the Press Complaints Commission. A transcript of the session can be found here.
- Forthcoming from @DurhamHRC's @seshaunawheatle: Principled Reasoning in Human Rights Adjudication (Hart, 2017): https://t.co/QpMKIFSyPh
Tweeted 3 weeks ago
- New article from @DrAlanGreene on legal v political definitions of #terrorism in ICLQ. https://t.co/v6OBqebP9d
Tweeted on Mon, 27 Feb 2017 09:25:49 +0000
- New article by @DrAlanGreene on #Trump's executive order and national security.
Tweeted on Thu, 02 Feb 2017 11:57:55 +0000
- Durham HRC's @DrAlanGreene on the conviction of Anjem Choudary and what it means for UK counter-terrorism. https://t.co/RAWnETocx7
Tweeted on Wed, 17 Aug 2016 17:55:24 +0100
- Special edition of the German Law Journal on #Brexit featuring Durham Law School's @ntinatzouvala
Tweeted on Mon, 04 Jul 2016 10:59:33 +0100
- Roger Masterman and Colin Murray @mastermanmurray reflecting on the British constitution post #Brexit https://t.co/3TZfFozckv
Tweeted on Mon, 04 Jul 2016 10:48:21 +0100
- Today at 1pm in PCL 056, Durham HRC welcomes @CornesLawNZUK.
All welcome! https://t.co/HjyZ0PXZer
Tweeted on Tue, 21 Jun 2016 10:26:51 +0100
- Written by our fantastic students with the help of @ThriveTeesside! https://t.co/f0txZEys0V
Tweeted on Wed, 15 Jun 2016 12:08:51 +0100
- @DrAlanGreene on #Orlando and how our perception of terrorism is too focused on Islamic extremism. https://t.co/IIwTHnih1n
Tweeted on Wed, 15 Jun 2016 10:23:12 +0100