Travelling between Durham City and Queen's Campus, Stockton
Revised X12 timetable from Sunday 12th July 2015 over the Summer
Due to the road works in Durham on Milburngate Bridge over the Summer, a temporary X12 timetable will be in operation. This will commence on Sunday 12th July 2015 until Monday 30th August 2015. It is envisaged that one lane in each direction will be closed whilst the work is undertaken.
The following outlines the changes:
- All departing services from Framwellgate Moor & Durham Bus Station to Middlesbrough & Newcastle will operate at exactly the same time as they do now
- Arriva will schedule in additonal time which they expect services from the Science Site to Middlesbrough to operate around 5 minutes later, throughout the duration
- Services departing Harvard Avenue, Stockton heading back to Durham, will operate around 10 minutes earlier up until Durham Bus Station, where normal times to Framwellgate Moor and onwards apply
- There are no changes to the evening or Sunday timetables, they expect minimal traffic delays during these times
- All journeys they currently run will continue to operate, although marginally retimed in most cases.
An inter-campus bus service is available for all students and staff travelling between Durham and Queen's Campus, Stockton. This is a half hourly service during the day time and an hourly service during the evening, Monday to Saturday with an hourly service on Sundays. Students and staff can travel on the public Arriva X12 service during both term time and vacation periods. To travel on the X12, which is limited between the set points of Harvard Avenue, Stockton and Durham Bus Station and from Durham Bus Station to Aykley Heads, adjacent to Keenan House, staff and students need to show their valid campus ID card to the driver. A printable copy of the timetable for 2014/15 can be found below. This includes details for the bus service which will be in operation during both term time and vacation periods (please note a slightly reduced service operates during the vacation periods).
The main stops for the University are as follows:
- Queen's Campus (Harvard Avenue)
- Victoria Bridge (Rialto Court)
- Stockton High Street (North and South)
- Durham Road/Hardwick Road Junction
- Sedgefield Green
- Sedgefield Salters Lane
- WInterton Hospital A177 Junction (Netpark stop)
- Coxhoe Belgrave Avenue
- then ALL stops to Durham Bus Station.
- Aykley Heads/Keenan House (as X2 service)
The X12 service runs between Middlesbrough and Newcastle.
To assist with travel between Durham Bus Station and Aykley Heads, Arriva have kindly offered a flat fee of 50p per single journey on the 64 service (to be reviewed September 2015).
Free Travel on Arriva 56 & 57 Bus Services
To assist with travel between Coxhoe and Durham Bus Station, Arriva have kindly offered all staff and students free travel on their 56 & 57 services throughout the day, Monday to Friday. Free travel is only available at the same bus stops at which the X12 stops (to be reviewed September 2015). Please see related links for access to the relevant timetables for these services.
For up to date information about delays to Arriva services, please access the new free Arriva App which show live data and locations of their buses.
If you encounter any problems, in particular with late night services, emergency contact may be made directly to Arriva using the following number to enquire about the situation:
0191 212 5411
this is the direct line to the control room who will (in most circumstances) be able to see the location of a bus on a monitor. This is open until midnight each night. Should you forget/mislay the above number then you may contact the Holliday Security Office on 0191 334 0080 who will have these to hand.
If you experience any delays or problems or have any comments please contact the Travel Plan Co-ordinator using the following email address email@example.com or use the feedback form and any comments will be passed on to Arriva.
- X12 Intercampus bus timetable 271114 (last modified: 18 February 2015)
Bus Stop Locations
The X1 (from 4th January 2015, rebranded as the Arriva X12) intercampus bus will stop at all recognised X1 (X12) stops between Durham and Coxhoe. To view an on-line map showing all the bus stops in a given area, please click on this link. Hovering your mouse over any bus stop icon will bring up a list of buses which stop there.
- Stockton High Street Bus Stand Plan - effective from 02 September 2013 (last modified: 24 September 2013)
If your circumstances require that you travel between campuses using your car, why not find out if anyone else is travelling by using the University's Car Sharing Scheme? Details can also be entered onto the system if your are car driver and wish to offer a car share. More details can be found on the car share website.