Environment Week 2015
This year’s Durham University Environment Week took place from 9th - 15th November and included a great range of activities including competitions, a local food sale, talks and walks. A number of college-specific events also took place.
A schedule of events are available and any new events will updated. All are encouraged to take part during the week.
Every small step leads to big change
University members are encouraged to pledge to make one small change to support the environment and in doing so will be entered into a prize draw.
Examples of pledges include:
- Boil only the amount of water that I need when using the kettle
- Turn off all non-essential lighting
- Use my own bag when I go shopping
- Use my own mug (doing this at YUM can save you 10p each time)
- Rinse dirty jars, tins and containers before recycling them
- Make my shower one minute shorter than usual
- Go Meat Free at least once a week
- Avoid setting my radiator to max
- Turn off my computer monitor whenever I’m away from my desk
Please note the competition is now closed.