Dr Noura Al Moubayed, BA MSc PhD
(email at email@example.com)
Dr Al Moubayed is an Assistant Professor at the department of computer science in Durham University, and a Visiting Associate Professor at the School of Computing Science in Newcastle University.
Her main research interest is in unsupervised deep learning, natural language processing, and optimisation. Dr Al Moubayed obtained her PhD from the Robert Gordon University, followed by post-doctoral positions in the University of Glasgow and Durham University. She developed machine learning and deep learning solutions in the areas of social signal processing, cyber-security, and Brain-Computer Interfaces. All of which involve high dimensional, noisy and imbalance data challenges.
Department of Computer Science
- Innovative Computing
- Natural Language Processing
- Social Robotics
- Social Signal Processing
- Anomaly Detection
- Machine Learning - Deep Learning
- Unsupervised Feature Learning
- Evolutionary Computation
- Multi-Objective Optimisation
- Brain Computer Interfaces
- Swarm Intelligence
Chapter in book
- Al Moubayed, N., Wall, D. & McGough, A. S. (2017). Identifying Changes in the Cybersecurity Threat Landscape using the LDA-Web Topic Modelling Data Search Engine. In Human aspects of information security, privacy and trust: 5th International Conference, HAS 2017, held as part of HCI International 2017, Vancouver, BC, Canada, July 9-14, 2017, proceedings. Tryfonas, Theo Cham: Springer. 287-295.
- Al Moubayed, N, Petrovski, A & McCall, J (2013). Mutual Information for Performance Assessment of Multi Objective Optimisers: Preliminary Results. In Intelligent Data Engineering and Automated Learning – IDEAL 2013. Springer Berlin Heidelberg. 8206: 537-544.
- Al Moubayed, N, Petrovski,A & McCall,J (2012). D 2 MOPSO: Multi-Objective Particle Swarm Optimizer Based on Decomposition and Dominance. In Evolutionary Computation in Combinatorial Optimization. Springer Berlin Heidelberg. 7245: 75-86.
- Al Moubayed, N, Petrovski, A & McCall, J (2011). Clustering-Based Leaders’ Selection in Multi-Objective Particle Swarm Optimisation. In Intelligent Data Engineering and Automated Learning - IDEAL 2011. Springer Berlin Heidelberg. 6936: 100.
- Al Moubayed, N, Petrovski, A & McCall, J (2010). A Novel Smart Multi-Objective Particle Swarm Optimisation using Decomposition. In Parallel Problem Solving from Nature, PPSN XI. Springer Berlin Heidelberg. 1-10.
- Al Moubayed, N, Petrovski, A & McCall, J (2014). D2MOPSO: MOPSO Based on Decomposition and Dominance with Archiving Using Crowding Distance in Objective and Solution Spaces. Evolutionary Computation 22(1): 47-77.
- Al Moubayed, Noura, Hasan, Bashar Awwad Shiekh & McGough, Andrew Stephen (2017), Enhanced detection of movement onset in EEG through deep oversampling, 30th International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN 2017). Anchorage, Alaska, USA, IEEE, Piscataway, 71-78.
- A. S, McGough, N, Al Moubayed & M, Forshaw (2017), Using Machine Learning in Trace-driven Energy-Aware Simulations of High-Throughput Computing Systems, ICPE '17 Companion 3rd International Workshop on Energy-aware Simulation (ENERGY-SIM’17). L'Aquila, ACM, New York, 55-60.
- Al Moubayed, N., Breckon, T.P., Matthews, P.C. & McGough, A.S. (2016), SMS Spam Filtering using Probabilistic Topic Modelling and Stacked Denoising Autoencoder, in Villa, Alessandro E.P., Masulli, Paolo & Pons Rivero, Antonio J. eds, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 9887: Springer International Publishing, Cham, 423-430.
- Al Moubayed, N., Vazquez-Alvarez, Y., McKay, A. & Vinciarelli, A. (2014), Face-Based Automatic Personality Perception, MM '14 22nd ACM international conference on Multimedia - MM '14. Orlando, Florida, USA, Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), New York, NY, USA, 1153-1156.
- Al Moubayed, N , Awwad Shiekh Hasan, B Gan, J Q Petrovski, A & McCall, J (2012), Continuous presentation for multi-objective channel selection in Brain-Computer Interfaces, 2012 IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation. Brisbane, Australia, IEEE, 1-7.
- Al Moubayed, N, Petrovski, A & McCall, J (2011), Clustering based leaders' selection in multi-objective evolutionary algorithms, Proceedings of the 13th annual conference companion on Genetic and evolutionary computation - GECCO '11. Dublin, Irland, ACM.
- Al Moubayed, N, Petrovski, A & McCall, J (2011), Multi-objective Optimisation of Cancer Chemotherapy using Smart PSO with Decomposition, 2011 IEEE Symposium on Computational Intelligence in Multicriteria Decision-Making (MDCM). Paris, France, IEEE, 81 - 88.
- Al Moubayed, N , Awwad Shiekh Hasan, B, Gan, J Q Petrovski, A & McCall, J (2010), Binary-SDMOPSO and its application in channel selection for Brain-Computer Interfaces, 2010 UK Workshop on Computational Intelligence (UKCI). Colchester, UK, IEEE, 1-6.
- Windisch, A & Al Moubayed, N (2009), Signal Generation for Search-Based Testing of Continuous Systems, 2009 International Conference on Software Testing, Verification, and Validation Workshops. Denver, CO, IEEE.
- Al Moubayed, N & Windisch, A (2009), Temporal White-Box Testing Using Evolutionary Algorithms, 2009 International Conference on Software Testing, Verification, and Validation Workshops. Denver, CO, IEEE, 150.
- Al Moubayed, N & Awwad Shiekh Hasan, B (2009), Temporal White-Box Testing Using Evolutionary and Search-base Algorithms, 9th Annual Workshop on Computational Intelligence. Colchester, UK.
- Al Moubayed, N (Accepted). Multi-objective particle swarm optimisation: methods and applications. Robert Gordon University. PhD.