The Durham Leverhulme Doctoral Scholarships InterdisciplinaryTraining Programme in Visual Culture is overseen by a Management Board.
Chair of the Board and PI of the Programme is Professor Ludmilla Jordanova (History and Director of the Centre for Visual Arts and Culture).
The other members of the Management Board are:
Professor Janet Stewart (Modern Languages and Cultures)
Professor Jonathan Long (Modern Languages and Cultures and Co-Director of the Centre for Visual Arts and Culture)
Dr Stefano Cracolici (Modern Languages and Cultures and Co-Director of the Centre for Visual Arts and Culture)
Professor Andy Beresford (Modern Languages and Cultures and Co-Director of the Centre for Visual Arts and Culture)
Dr Tom Stammers (History)
Professor Mike Crang (Geography)
Professor John Girkin (Physics)
Dr Boguslaw Obara (Computer Science).
Dr Keith Bartlett (Library)
Durham Leverhulme Doctoral Scholars 2015
Durham Leverhulme Doctoral Scholars 2016
Durham Leverhulme Doctoral Scholars 2017
Key Features of the Programme
- Collaborative, interdisciplinary training for all participants, and a multi-disciplinary supervisory team for each one
- Access to exceptional collections, facilities, supervision, and partner organisations
- A funded, three-month placement with one of our non-HEI partners
- A vibrant, supportive and challenging intellectual environment coordinated by a new and dynamic research centre
- A unique package of professional development and skills training for all students, including an accredited PGCert
- Funded international study
- An annual summer school, showcasing students’ work, and featuring international speakers and student-led workshops