Dr Andrés Delgado Casteleiro
Dr. Andrés Delgado Casteleiro joined the Durham Law School in October 2011. He studied Spanish Law and specialized in European Law during his graduate studies. Prior to joining the Durham University, Andrés defended his doctoral dissertation at the Law Department of the European University Institute, Florence Italy (July 2011). He has been a visiting lecturer at the University of Utrecht, Netherlands (2011) . Andres has also been a trainee at the Legal Service of the European Commission (External Relations Team), and he is a qualified lawyer at the Madrid Bar Association. At the Durham law School, Andrés lectures "EU and International Trade" and "The European Internal Market and its Citizens."
Andrés' research interests revolve around the EU External Relations Law. He is particularly interested in the relations between EU Law and International Law, more specifically in the field of International Economic Law and International Dispute Settlement. His doctoral dissertation focused on the relations between EU Law and the International Law of Responsibility. More precisely, it examined the extent to which the European Union bears responsibility for the violation of international agreements committed as a consequence of the implementation of EU Law.
- EU External Relations Law
- EU Law
- International Law
- WTO LAw
- Andrés Delgado Casteleiro & Joris Larik (2013). The ‘Odd Couple’ The Responsibility of the EU at the WTO. In The International Responsibility of the European Union: European and International Perspectives. Evans, Malcolm D & Koutrakos, Panos Oxford: Hart. 233 - 256.
- Delgado Casteleiro, Andres (2012). No More Mr. Nice Guy: The Evolution of the Duty of Sincere Cooperation in Eu External Relations Law. In Recent Trends in the Case-Law of the Court of Justice of the European Union. Diez-Hochleitner, Javier, Martinez Capdevila, Carmen, Blazquez Navarro, Irene & Frutos Miranda, Javier La Ley. 729-735.
Journal papers: academic
- Andrés Delgado Casteleiro (2012). EU Declarations of Competence to Multilateral Agreements: A Useful Reference Base?. European Foreign Affairs Review 17(4): 491–509.
- Delgado Casteleiro, Andres. & Larik, Joris. (2011). The Duty to Remain Silent: Limitless Loyalty in EU External Relations?. European Law Review 36(4): 524-541.
Other publications: research
- Maiani, Francesco. Petrov, Roman. Mouliarova, Ekaterina. & Delgado-casteleiro, Andres. (2009). Relations between the European Union and Switzerland: A Laboratory for EU External Relations? European University Institute. 103-110.
- Delgado-casteleiro, Andres. & Spernbauer,Martina. (Co- editors) (2009). Security Aspects in EU External Policies. European University Institute.
- Delgado-casteleiro, Andres. (2011). The International Responsibility of the European Union: from competence to normative control. PhD: 278.