Environment Week & Fairtrade Fortnight 2018
Monday 26th February sees the start of Environment Week & Fairtrade Fortnight with many activities, events and competitions for everyone.
Environment Week raises awareness to all members at the University to find out more on how to live and work more sustainably. Throughout the week staff and students are encouraged to get involved and visit the different environmental stalls and talk with representatives about sustainability at the University, reducing food waste, recycling, travelling by public transport, walking, cycling and much more. They can also take part in different events and initiatives including:
- trying their skills at eco-driving in the driving simulator
- purchasing locally sourced vegetables, eggs, yoghurt and breads from our local supplier
- receiving discounts on Fairtrade products from Retail and YUM outlets, including 20p of a hot drink when using their mugs
- Biodiversity volunteering opportunities for staff at the Botanic Garden
- entering the competition by guessing what's Fairtrade ingredients are in the Vice Chancellor's muffin.
A full schedule is available on the Greenspace Environment Week website www.durham.ac.uk/greenspace/environmentweek/ and the Fairtrade Fortnight website www.durham.ac.uk/greenspace/fairtrade/fortnight2018/
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this event.