Official web pages
Creating official University web pages
The following procedure outlines the steps to be taken by departments or colleges who wish to produce official web pages:
- Complete the form at http://cms.dur.ac.uk/CMSADMIN/admin/requests/?mode=site
- This will send a request for site creation which will be processed by the Marketing Office. Advice on style and content may be obtained from the Marketing Office. Technical advice on use of the CMS may be obtained from the user guides 180 and 184, by contacting the Service Desk, or by attending a training course. If you believe you will need functionality not generally available within the CMS at present, please contact the Service Desk.
- The page will not appear on the live website at this stage. Creation of the site in the CMS can take as little or as much time as you wish, depending on other constraints.
- When you believe the site is ready to go live, complete the form at http://cms.dur.ac.uk//CMSADMIN/admin/requests/?mode=goliveto send the site for review. Marketing will contact you if they believe any changes are needed for accuracy, branding or other purposes.
- Once the site has been reviewed and accepted, it will be made live.
- You may then continue to edit and update the site as necessary.