The Trust, which is the College's own charitable fund, was set up in 1990 to allow former Castle men and women who had enjoyed their time in Durham, and others who wanted to support the College, to give something back for the benefit of current and future students. The UCD Trust is a charity registered in England and Wales (no. 1151821).
Since its foundation the Trust has undertaken a number of major projects:
- Junior Common Room, West Courtyard extension Phase 1, providing additional recreation space.
- Garden Stairs/Fellows Garden project providing additional student accommodation and office space.
- Lowe Library project extending the library into the basement, providing space for an additional 2,500 books and 12 study places.
- Junior Common Room, West Courtyard extension Phase 2
- Extension of the Lowe Library into the Minstrels' Gallery with wi-fi connectivity.
Smaller projects have included the purchase of refrigerators for student use, a contribution to the painting of John Atkin, the creation and erection of a window in memory of the former Master, A.A. MacFarlane-Grieve, and the erection of a bicycle shed behind Owengate.
The University College Durham Trust is a charity registered in England and Wales (no. 1151821).
Telephone: +44 (0)191 334 2000
University College website
Return to the University College website
- @STLDPolitics your students would be very welcome!
Tweeted 9 minutes ago
- RT @dumuseums: Free medieval music performance @durhamcastle 'Vital Signs' by artist Jo Coupe, Fri 21 Oct, book now https://t.co/pWRZVdUNLQ
Tweeted 23 hours ago
- Next Wed: David Held speaks on: ‘Elements of a Theory of Global Politics’, 26/10, 8pm, all welcome, @durham_uni: https://t.co/kMGndV3wnq
Tweeted 1 day ago
- RT @SPTSo: Leaves turning at the #Castle.
Tweeted 2 days ago
- RT @cvanetwork: Friday at @durhamcastle: 'Vital Signs' performance by Jo Coupe as part of #MeetingPoint2016
Tweeted 2 days ago