The Trust, which is the College's own charitable fund, was set up in 1990 to allow former Castle men and women who had enjoyed their time in Durham, and others who wanted to support the College, to give something back for the benefit of current and future students. The UCD Trust is a charity registered in England and Wales (no. 1151821).
Since its foundation the Trust has undertaken a number of major projects:
- Junior Common Room, West Courtyard extension Phase 1, providing additional recreation space.
- Garden Stairs/Fellows Garden project providing additional student accommodation and office space.
- Lowe Library project extending the library into the basement, providing space for an additional 2,500 books and 12 study places.
- Junior Common Room, West Courtyard extension Phase 2
- Extension of the Lowe Library into the Minstrels' Gallery with wi-fi connectivity.
Smaller projects have included the purchase of refrigerators for student use, a contribution to the painting of John Atkin, the creation and erection of a window in memory of the former Master, A.A. MacFarlane-Grieve, and the erection of a bicycle shed behind Owengate.
The University College Durham Trust is a charity registered in England and Wales (no. 1151821).
Telephone: +44 (0)191 334 2000
University College website
Return to the University College website
- Join us on Wednesday for Professor Rosi Braidotti's Castle Lecture, 'Posthuman, All Too Human': https://t.co/DqHwCFrjMp
Tweeted 15 hours ago
- RT @AnoushEhteshami: To be a splendid occasion! https://t.co/tFjOHoudrC
Tweeted 5 days ago
- Next Wednesday, Prof. Rosi Braidotti gives our next Caste Lecture, ‘Posthuman, All Too Human’. All welcome: https://t.co/DqHwCFrjMp
Tweeted 6 days ago
- Congratulations to all those who graduated at #DUCongregation today and yesterday!
Tweeted 1 week ago
- RT @MD_NORTHEAST: Coming to @durhamcastle on 16 Feb. Book your place today! https://t.co/Kn9BtmVhMd https://t.co/dorivhJHg1
Tweeted 2 weeks ago