How do I apply?
- First applicants must check UCAS Track. If your Track Status say 'You are in Clearing' or 'Clearing has started' you are eligible for Clearing.
- Take a look at which courses are available at Durham University here or via UCAS. Both pages will be updated regularly.
Please note, prior to 17th August, Clearing or new applications should be made through UCAS as normal. The following information applies for applicants interested in applying through Clearing from 17th August onwards.
- Talk to us – If you meet our entry requirements, contact us by calling the relevant number listed next to the course you wish to apply to. Make sure you have your UCAS Personal ID and preferred email address to hand. Please note that you must call only the number shown by the course you are interested in.
- Our experienced hotline staff will assess whether you meet the entry requirements and will take the information we need to consider you. They will advise you on the telephone if you do not meet the entry requirements and if we are unable to consider your application.
- Your details will be passed to an admissions selector who will assess your UCAS application and you will receive an email letting you know the outcome of this decision. This will normally be within 3 hours of your enquiry but can take longer. If we are unable to offer you a place we would like to thank you for considering Durham University and wish you all the best for the future.
- If an admissions selector recommends you receive an offer, the email will include instructions on how to refer your application to us through UCAS Track if you wish to take up our offer.
- Recommendations will be subject to some routine checks of your application. These include checking for fraudulent applications and any declared criminal convictions which we would need to investigate. The recommendation to offer you a place is also subject to us having vacancies for the course at the time that you refer your application to us. We will process each application on a 'first come, first served' basis and will provide you with an update as soon as possible.
- We will email you again to confirm whether we have been able to accept you. For those applicants we accept, you will also see this change on UCAS Track.
- If you are successful visit What happens next?