Modes of teaching, learning & assessment
You will be taught by a variety of methods which will vary according to your degree programme. Details are available under the departmental entry, but are likely to include:
- lectures in large groups to build the foundations for more detailed work
- tutorials in small groups to discuss, debate and comment on detailed issues arising from your essays
- seminars in which you will present and discuss short papers on agreed topics
- personal study
Science-based subjects are also likely to involve workshops, practicals, and fieldwork.
Methods of assessment also vary between programmes, but are likely to include:
- continuous assessment based on essays and/or project work
- dissertation (where applicable).