Teaching rooms at Durham and Queen's Campus
The following pages detail the teaching classrooms across both Durham and Queen's Campus with their locations, facilities and equipment.
Fully Central Teaching Rooms
Rooms defined as fully central within the University timetabling system, Syllabus Plus, can be booked for use to support teaching on any module. This represents a change from the legacy modes of room use. The move to fully central room classification is driven by the Senate endorsed requirement to maximise use of the available teaching space on campus. It means that fully central rooms in the building where your department is based may be used for teaching by other departments. It also means they are supported and maintained centrally.
When the timetabling team are scheduling use of fully central rooms they always:
- give priority to departments located in the same building or in close proximity
- give priority to timetabled teaching
- ensure the online timetable is up-to-date (http://timetable.dur.ac.uk/)
- allow vacant slots in the timetable to be booked for use for other events*
- accommodate changes to timetabling where possible
*To maintain flexibility, when the timetable is changing (particularly until June) it is advised not to book too much into the space.
Centrally bookable computer classrooms are maintained by CIS, and they maintain information regarding the facilities available in these rooms. If you require information on departmental classrooms, you should contact the department concerned directly.
Any problems with rooms should be reported as indicated in the attached document:
- Reporting Teaching Room Issues (last modified: 26 November 2015)
View the 2017/18 Teaching Timetable online.