Publication details for Dr Krastu BanevBanev, Krastu (2012). The Ecclesiology of the Philokalia. In The Philokalia: A Classic Text of Orthodox Spirituality. Bingaman, Brock & Nassif, Bradley Oxford: Oxford University Press. 163-174.
- Publication type: Chapter in book
- ISSN/ISBN: 9780195390261 (hardback), 9780195390278 (paperback)
- Keywords: Philokalia, Ecclesiology, Church, Patristics
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
The common assumption regarding the Philokalia is that, as a book concerned with the spiritual life of individual believers, it offers very little to help the overcoming of the evil of spiritual individualism and the formation of an ecclesiological conscience. Against this assumption the present paper argues that the Philokalia is a fundamentally ecclesial book.