Publication details for Professor Christopher C. H. CookCook, Christopher C.H. (2014). Suicide and Religion. The British Journal of Psychiatry 204(4): 254-255.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0007-1250 (print), 1472-1465 (online)
- DOI: 10.1192/bjp.bp.113.136069
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
Much of the evidence that religion provides a protective factor against completed suicide comes from cross-sectional studies. This issue of the Journal includes a report of a new prospective study. An understanding of the relationship between spirituality, religion and suicide is important in assessing and caring for those at risk.