Publication details for Professor Peter WardWard, Peter (2015). Blueprint Ecclesiology and the Lived: Normativity as Perilous Faithfulness. Ecclesial Practices 2(1): 74-90
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 2214-4463 (print), 2214-4471 (electronic)
- DOI: 10.1163/22144471-00201008
- Keywords: Qualitative research, Epistemology, Normativity, Abiding.
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
Normativity in Ecclesiology has tended to be based on a particular understanding of theology as blueprint. In the Ecclesiology and Ethnography Conversation there has been some dispute around how theological normativity should operate. This paper argues that theological knowledge arises from an ecclesial context of ‘abiding.’ This abiding is pneumatological in nature ‘like the wind’ and as such it is perilous. This point is argued with resort to a critical realist epistemology.