Mrs Madison N. Pierce, MDiv, BA
Thesis: Divine Discourse in the Epistle to the Hebrews
My thesis explores the quotations spoken by the Father, Son, and Spirit in the Epistle to the Hebrews. I argue that the content and participants for each quotation contributes to the author’s characterization of those figures and serve as the backbone for his argument.
- Trinitarian Theology
- Theological Interpretation of Scripture
Chapter in book
- Pierce, Madison N. (2017). Hebrews 3.7–4.11 and the Spirit’s Speech to the Community. In Muted Voices of the New Testament: Readings in the Catholic Epistles and Hebrews. Hockey, Katherine M., Pierce, Madison N. & Watson, Francis T&T Clark.
- Pierce, Madison N. (2017). Wilderness Traditions in Paul, Hebrews, and the Wisdom of Solomon. In Paul and the Greco-Roman Philosophical Tradition. Dodson, Joseph R. & Andrew W. Pitts T&T Clark.
- Hockey, Katherine M., Pierce, Madison N. & Watson, Francis (2017). Muted Voices of the New Testament: Readings in the Catholic Epistles and Hebrews. LNTS. T&T Clark.
- Pierce, Madison N. & Reynolds, Benjamin E. (2014). The Perfect Tense-Form and the Son of Man in John 3.13: Developments in Greek Grammar as a Viable Solution to the Timing of the Ascent and Descent. New Testament Studies 60(1): 149-155.
- Pierce, Madison N. (2013). War: Fighting the Enemies of God, not Man. Biblical Theology Bulletin 43(2): 81-87.
- Pierce, Madison N. (2015), Hebrews and the Akedah: The Identification of Jesus with a Patriarch, Annual Seminar on OT in the NT. Hawarden, UK, Hawarden.
- Pierce, Madison N. (2015), The Wilderness Space in Hebrews and Wisdom of Solomon, SBL Annual Meeting. Atlanta, GA, USA, Atlanta GA.
- Pierce, Madison N. (2014), 'Just as the Holy Spirit Says': Hebrews 3:7–4:11 and the Spirit's Promise of Rest, SBL International Meeting. Vienna, Austria, Vienna.