Theology and Ministry Research Seminar
The Theology and Ministry Research Seminar is open to all staff and postgraduate students in Durham and is available to those who may not be located in Durham. Practitioners, clergy and ministers are also more than welcome.
A key feature of the Seminar is the use of online conferencing to bring authors, speakers, and participants together in a dynamic format of presentations, papers, and discussion.
If you aren’t physically located in or near Durham you can still participate via online conferencing.
How To Join Online:
1. Try this test room:
By going to the test room you will know if your browser is compatible before trying to join the seminar online.
2. Join using any of these the Web browser options: Safari, Internet Explorer or Firefox
3. You may be prompted to download a browser plugin – please do this, as this will allow you to join the room.
On the Seminar day join the online seminar room by clicking the link below:
Please join the room about 10 minutes prior to the start of the seminar.
In addition, some sessions may focus on a particular reading, text, or paper for discussion. Notice will be given in advance and where possible links to content provided.
The general format of the seminar:
- 3.00 – 4.15 pm - the main Reading Group & Discussion in the room
- Special Interest Groups:
There is opportunity on the day for students and participants to meet and develop informal discussion groups around subject areas in practical theology over lunch, coffee, or a late drink (examples include youth ministry, worship, ecclesiology, missiology, etc.)
To view and download the latest Theology and Ministry Research Seminar Programme, please click below:
- Theology & Ministry Research Seminar Programme (2018-2019) (last modified: 14 September 2018)
- 13 December 2018 15:00: Fresh expressions, renewal and the Methodist Church in Britain - Andrew Orton
- 15 November 2018 15:00: TBC - TBC
- 27 February 2018 15:00: Creating Church Online: Theology and Ministry for a Digital Age - Timothy Hutchings, St. John's College, Durham University
- 30 January 2018 15:00: * CANCELLED * Studying Clergy Spirituality: Backstage a Qualitative Research Process - Prof. Tone Stangeland Kaufman, Norwegian School of Theology * CANCELLED *
There are no other announcements currently available. Please check again later...