Public Lecture by Professor Eamon Duffy
"To Doe Our Countrie Good”: Douai, Rome, and the Tridentine Seminary
Monday 30 April 2018: 6pm in the Exhibition Hall, Ushaw College
- £5 per person (concessions £2.50; Durham University staff and students free with assistance from Durham University Catholic Chaplaincy).
- All are welcome; registration is essential. Please register here.
- Registration deadline: 9am on Monday 23 April.
Those needing help with transport can book it (free of charge) through the registration site as follows:
- Outward journey: 5.15pm Elvet Riverside, New Elvet, to Ushaw Colllege main entrance
- Return: Departing from Ushaw College main entrance at 7.30pm, returning to Elvet Riverside, New Elvet, with a stop on North Road on the way
This public lecture is part of the conference celebrating the 450th Anniversary of the Founding of the English College at Douai: 450 Years Pioneering Catholic Education: Past, Present, Future (30 April-1 May at Ushaw College). If you have registered for this conference, you have already registered for the lecture. The lecture is organised by the Centre for Catholic Studies, Durham University; Ushaw College; St Cuthbert's Society of Ushaw; and Durham University Catholic Chaplaincy.