Kit 1: Personal Statements
Writing a personal statement is an art, not a science. But, as a teacher or adviser, you can play an important role in helping your students to perfect the art.
This kit provides information to help you advise your students on areas such as: effective structure; appropriate content; practical tips; common pitfalls; articulating your strengths.
How can this kit help YOU?
With this kit you can help your students to:
- deepen their understanding of the role of the personal statement in the UCAS application process;
- identify the qualities of strong personal statements;
- become aware of weaknesses that can be avoided easily;
- reflect on their motivations, strengths, and suitability for their chosen programme of study;
- start planning and drafting their own personal statements.
"...a hugely beneficial teaching tool in getting students started and enabling them to move forwards independently..."Miss Kelly Powell, Assistant Head of Year 12, Farlingaye High School
"Thank you for preparing something so useful to the students!"Ms Wendy Smith, The Henrietta Barnett School