Research Council awards
If you are a home fee-paying student you may be able to access funding from one of the seven UK Research Councils to cover the cost of your postgraduate degree.
Typically, Research Council funding consists of:
- Full payment of home tuition fees;
- A stipend to cover your living costs;
- A research training support grant (usually paid directly to your department).
For further information on securing funding from the Research Council, including how to apply, follow the links below.
- The Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC)
- The Biotechnology and Biosciences Research Council (BBSRC)
- The Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC)
- The Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC)
- The Medical Research Council (MRC)
- The Natural Environment Research Council (NERC)
- The Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC)