We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.

Durham University

Student Registry


If you are a current or former student needing your student status/qualification verified, we offer the following services which can be ordered from our online document store:

Student Status letters

It may be necessary for you to obtain formal certification of your status as a registered current student. As a fully registered student you can produce your own self-service Student Status letter by using Banner Self Service.

Where the self-service letter does not meet your requirements, you are not a current student and/or do not have a fully registered student status (students who are on Continuation), you can request a letter from our online document store.

Schengen Visa letters

Students have successfully used the self-service Student Status letter for their visa applications when printing in colour on good quality paper. Acceptance of the documentation is at the discretion of the officer at the Embassy or Consulate for which you attend your interview.

If you would prefer a letter on headed paper with a wet signature you can order a Schengen Visa letter which can be ordered from our online document store. Please note there is a charge for this service.

Confirmation of Award letters

A Confirmation of Award letter will confirm the successful completion of your course, dates of attendance and qualification obtained.

If you are 'awaiting graduation', the letter will also include a statement of when you will receive your award.

Bank letters

When opening a bank account in the UK, you may be asked to provide proof that your are enrolled at Durham University. We can only provide such a letter if you are a fully registered student. This will include your permanent home address, University term time address as well as degree programme details.

Certified Copies

If you need your degree parchment officially certified, you can upload a photocopy or scan of your degree parchment, and we will stamp and verify it as a true copy of the original. This service is also available for transcripts.

All official documents provided will be signed and stamped with the official university stamp and can be posted or collected from the Student Services desk in the Palatine Centre (opening hours here).

For Third Party Verfication Requests (current and former students), please click here.