We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.

Durham University

Student Registry

Frequently Asked Questions

List of FAQ categories

Other Official Documentation Questions

+Can you convert my Durham marks to a GPA?

No. The University does not operate a GPA ranking and does not have an agreed GPA scale.  The University’s classification arrangements are designed to be consistent with the QAA Framework for Higher Education Qualifications (England, Wales and Northern Ireland). We can provide a letter to confirm that a GPA is not available.

+I need my student status/qualification verified, what can I do?

As a fully registered student you can produce your own self-service Student Status letter by using Banner Self Service which can be found on duo.

Where the self-service letter does not meet your requirements, you are not a current student and/or do not have a fully registered student status (students who are on Continuation), you can request a letter from our Online Document Store.

For further information about other documents we produce please go to Verifications.

+Why won't my Student Status letter run?

If you have completed the three stages of enrolment (please see Registration Process) and you still can't run a Student Status letter, it may be that you need your Tier 4 Visa check. If you think this may be the case, please go to the Student Immigration Office in the Palatine Centre with your visa and passport.

Please note: Once registration is complete, you should have access to duo within 24-48 hours. Your Tier 4 Visa will need to be checked at the beginning of every academic year.

If your student status is anything other than fully registered, i.e. on continuation, you will not have access to Self-service Student letters. To confirm your student status, please contact our student records team; or visit the Student Services desk in the Palatine Centre.

+I just need to prove my qualification and don't need a transcript. What should I order?

You can order a Confirmation of Award letter (Graduates) via our Online Document Store. This will confirm your qualification.

+Can I collect my documents or can a friend collect them on my behalf?

There is an option for you to select collection. The collection point is the Student Services desk in the Palatine Centre. If you wish a friend to collect the documents on your behalf, please state the name of the friend in the Additional Information Box.