About St John's College
Founded in 1909, St John’s College boasts a lively and diverse mix of students and is like no other Durham college.
Set in a series of beautiful listed buildings in Durham's historic heart, the College enjoys stunning views of the Norman Cathedral and River Wear.St John's is one of the smallest colleges, and is renowned for its welcoming and supportive atmosphere.
St John's has two distinctive yet engaged communities at its heart: a diverse community of undergraduates, postgraduates and academics studying for University degrees in all disciplines, and Cranmer Hall, a thriving Anglican theological college in which people are educated and formed for church leadership.
The College has a degree of independence within the University, both financially and in its governance. Our students study for University degrees alongside members of other colleges, but we have the freedom to do things a little differently.
Explore St John's College
After work alumni drinks in London at the Institute of Directors on Pall Mall, from 6.30pm on Thursday 25th January 2018. We'd love to see you there. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
3 South Bailey
0191 334 3500
St John's College
Latest news and information from St John's College, Durham.
- Congratulations to everybody graduating today! ????????????Remember, once a Johnian, always a Johnian! ????????????
Tweeted 6 days ago
- @sarah_melody77 @cranmerhall Thank you for playing Sarah :) Merry Christmas!
Tweeted on Thu, 21 Dec 2017 10:25:29 +0000
- @CaraghAylett Sending some John's encouragement your way, Caragh! You've got this :)
Tweeted on Wed, 20 Dec 2017 11:14:26 +0000
- ???? MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR ????
On behalf of all our staff and students we hope you have a joyful and good… https://t.co/UmZilK892B
Tweeted on Tue, 19 Dec 2017 15:33:23 +0000
- RT @cranmerhall: Last day of term! Saying goodbye today our much loved Deputy Warden Kate Bruce @ipreacher007. Prayers of thankfulne…
Tweeted on Fri, 15 Dec 2017 11:49:23 +0000
- You could help with a major research project!
A research group led by the Principal are currently reviewing the at… https://t.co/Xk6hMfiIGn
Tweeted on Fri, 15 Dec 2017 11:10:56 +0000
- Visiting Fellow Alan Bartlett has written a new book for Lent. In 47 daily Lenten reflections on readings from Luk… https://t.co/Bb2GRigByP
Tweeted on Fri, 15 Dec 2017 09:50:37 +0000