Dr Evgenia Stepanova
I am a Research Associate in the School of Applied Social Sciences currently working on two projects, namely Longitudinal Evaluation of the Step Up to Social Work Programme (also see https://www.facebook.com/CareersinSocialWork) and Think Ahead Social Work Qualifying Programme Evaluation.
I joined the School of Applied Social Sciences in 2010 when I was awarded a Durham Doctoral Studentship and successfully defended my PhD thesis in 2014. Prior to studying in Durham University, I graduated from Saint-Petersburg State University of Economics and Finance in Russia.
Between 2006 and 2008 I participated in a social project which developed social advertising for looked after children as well as promoted the practice of adoption in a children’s home in Saint-Petersburg, Russia. Since 2009 I have been an active member of the two largest Non-Governmental Organizations in Saint-Petersburg called Petersburg’s Parents and Step Forward, both work very closely with looked after children.
- Stepanova, E. & Hackett, S. (2014). Understanding Care Leavers in Russia: Young People's Experiences of Institutionalisation. Australian Social Work 67(1): 118-134.
- Chechel.E. (2010). Institutionalization of Looked After Children. Journal of State University of Economics and Finance, 8: 135.
- Chechel, E. (2009). Socialization of Care Leavers. Journal of State University of St Petersburg
- Research with looked after children and care leavers
- Residential care for children
- Child development
- Interventions with children and young people
- Participatory research
- Child maltreatment