Schools and Departments
The Faculty of Science is made up of eight departments which are responsible for undergraduate and postgraduate teaching, and for research. The departments which constitute the Faculty are:
- the Department of Biosciences;
- the Department of Chemistry;
- the Department of Computer Science
- the Department of Earth Sciences;
- the Department of Engineering
- the Department of Mathematical Sciences;
- the Department of Physics;
- the Department of Psychology.
The Faculty is also responsible for the broad-ranging undergraduate Natural Sciences Degree Programme, which allows students to study science alongside two or more other subjects.
A list of the programmes (by department) currently taught in the Faculty is available online:
- for undergraduate programmes;
- for taught postgraduate programmes;
- for information on research degrees.
Further details of undergraduate and taught postgraduate programmes can be found on departmental websites. These departmental websites also contain details of the postgraduate research degrees offered by departments in the Faculty, and of the research carried out by members of staff within these departments.
- 2016 Annual Report (last modified: 17 May 2017)
The Faculty of Science office is located on Level 3 within the Chemistry Building, Lower Mountjoy.
Telephone: +44 (0)191 334 2000
Your Prospectus allows you to order a personalised, electronic version of our current undergraduate prospectus.