Information for New Students
This information is for students who have places to start Phase I Medicine at Durham University's Queen's Campus in October 2016.
Congratulations on gaining your place. We look forward to welcoming you in October, in the meantime there are a few things to help you prepare for your start with us.
The School have already contacted you regarding Immunisations and Disclosure prior to arrival. Please ensure that you fulfil all requested of you by the August 21st deadline.
Reminders here on why these are required:
Enrolment opens eight weeks before the start of your programme. After your acceptance has been processed you will receive two email messages from email@example.com which provide:
- Your Computing and Information Services (CIS) username
- How to derive your CIS password and guidance on how to access the system
The messages are sent 24 hours apart and are sent to the email address you provided when you applied so it’s important to let us know of any changes to this information. After you have received both emails you will need to:
- Change your password
- Log into Durham University Online – duo https://duo.dur.ac.uk
- Choose the “Banner Self Service” link in duo under “External Tools”
- Choose Registration and Enrolment
- Enrol with the University
- Upload a photograph for your campus card
You will receive information from your department about registering for your programme and modules. You should follow the advice given about whether to complete registration for programmes and modules before you come to Durham, or whether to wait until you arrive before making final choices, so that your department can give you further advice and information.
New student induction: Monday 3rd October - Friday 7th October 2016. You must bring a passport photograph with you to induction on Monday if you have not already uploaded one. Details about Medicine induction will be available following online registration on the Freshers' duo site.
Teaching begins on Monday 10th October 2016.
- Michealmas Term: 10th October 2016 - 16th December 2016
- Epiphany Term: 9th January 2017 - 17th March 2017
- Easter Term: 24th April 2017 - 23rd June 2017
You are expected to be available throughout the terms as compulsory taught sessions may be scheduled at any time during these periods.