Our taught courses:
- Provide inter-professional postgraduate education and training in a supportive learning environment informed by world class research
- Develop a critical understanding of specialist areas in health as well as advanced skills in working collaboratively, creatively and effectively in health related disciplines
- Examine, critique and seek solutions for health-related issues, policies and practices from a global perspective
- Use the English NHS and selected other health systems as examples for examining, comparing and improving public health policy and practice and medical education
- Encourage international students to examine, compare and critique their own country's health systems and approaches
- Facilitate every student, whether UK-based or from further afield, in gaining an internationally-oriented education.
Our research courses:
- Offer flexibility in format for students already in employment in health care within the UK
- Can be taken at various levels depending on your topic and goals
- Develop superior research abilities, advanced specialist knowledge and highly transferable skills
- Provide supervision by teams of active researchers
- Help you make an impact in your chosen field of endeavour.
- Are Fellows of the Wolfson Research Institute of Health and Wellbeing, a multidisciplinary research institute engaging in research on health and well-being in developed and developing countries
- Undertake cutting edge research in a variety of fields within health and well-being taking a special interest in people and locales burdened by the causes and effects of deprivation
- Play a key role in strengthening academic, practitioner and policy links across the region, UK and internationally
- Offer a warm and welcoming professional community for all postgradaute students.