Obesity Related Behaviours
The Obesity Related Behaviours (ORB) Research Group
Our research research focuses on:
1) the collation of evidence for the prevention of obesity in children and adults, and dissemination and translation of this evidence into policy and practice,
2) the development of community-based interventions to prevent childhood and adult obesity,
3) the development of tools to assess dietary intake and physical activity levels at population level. The need to assess and reduce health inequalities underpins this programme of work.
The Obesity Related Behaviour (ORB) Research Group's main interests are:
- Health inequalities
- Evaluation of community interventions for the prevention of childhood and adult obesity
- Measurement of dietary and physical activity behaviours using novel methods at population level
- Systematic reviews
ORB has close links with other departments at Durham University;
These interdisciplinary partnerships are essential for the production of world class research and evaluation.
The ORB Research Group also continues to work in partnership with fuse.
School of Medicine and Health,