BA Sport, Exercise and Physical Activity
Choosing to study BA (Hons) Sport, Exercise and Physical Activity at Durham University was the best decision I have ever made. I have had the most incredible three years studying in such a beautiful city on what I truly believe to be the best sport degree programme in the country. The multi-disciplinary nature of the programme is the key aspect that makes the degree stand out: it offers something for everyone, whether you favour the natural sciences or, like me, have more sociological inclinations. As a student, you have the choice of what you study, allowing you to effectively tailor your degree to your personal desires and needs. The programme is incredibly flexible and diverse, and is constantly evolving, so that the curriculum is up-to-date and involves the latest research.Katie Falkingham, Sport Alumini, Graduated 2015
First Year BA Sport, Exercise and Physical Activity 2015 - 2016
(Please note that the below may be subject to change for 2016-17 entry).
Please find below an Introduction to our first year Sport, Exercise and Physical Activity modules (including recommended reading and previous student feedback). We hope that you find this information useful. Further information on our degree programme can be found below under 'BA Sport, Exercise and PACT'.
Dr Vikki Boliver, Deputy Head of School (Research) and Senior Lecturer within SASS, explains what it is like to study an Undergraduate Programme within the School of Applied Social Sciences and Durham University.
A copy of the programme's brochure can be viewed here.
- 98% of our Sport, Exercise and Physical Activity students said they were satisfied with the quality of their course in the 2015 National Student Survey (sector-wide average 86%)
- Ranked 1st in the Complete University Guide for 2015
- Ranked 1st in The Times and The Sunday Times University Guide 2014
- Ranked 1st in the Guardian University Guide 2014
- The Times and The Sunday Times Sports University of the Year 2015
- Research-led teaching within our friendly and supportive teaching and learning environment
- Purpose-built Human Performance Laboratory dedicated to teaching and student learning
- One of the UK’s top sporting universities: 2nd in the British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS) Championship for the last four consecutive years
- Supportive sport scholarship scheme.