BA Sport, Exercise and Physical Activity
The BA Sport, Exercise and Physical Activity degree course here at Durham University is one of the greatest decisions I have made. The course was very enjoyable and interesting, and has been a major highlight in my life for the three years!! The structure and organisation of the course, as well as the knowledge of, and support from the academic staff has been excellent. The degree has a diverse range of modules to expand your interests, whether you prefer the natural sciences (like me) or the social sciences. The course is flexible, enabling students to choose modules that cater to their needs and future ambitions, and also provides work experience and employability opportunities. As an example, through the degree programme, I was able to gain work experience in a local NHS trust, which gave me experience and knowledge useful for pursuing my future career.Alex Abordo, Final Year Student
First Year BA Sport, Exercise and Physical Activity 2017 - 2018
Please find below an Introduction to our first year Sport, Exercise and Physical Activity modules (including recommended reading and previous student feedback). We hope that you find this information useful. Further information on our degree programme can be found below under 'BA Sport, Exercise and PACT'.
Dr Vikki Boliver, Deputy Head of School (Research) and Senior Lecturer within SASS, explains what it is like to study an Undergraduate Programme within the School of Applied Social Sciences and Durham University.
A copy of the programme's brochure can be viewed here.
- 98% of our Sport, Exercise and Physical Activity students said they were satisfied with the quality of their course in the 2015 National Student Survey (sector-wide average 86%)
- Ranked 1st in the Complete University Guide for 2015
- Ranked 1st in The Times and The Sunday Times University Guide 2014
- Ranked 1st in the Guardian University Guide 2014
- The Times and The Sunday Times Sports University of the Year 2015
- Research-led teaching within our friendly and supportive teaching and learning environment
- Purpose-built Human Performance Laboratory dedicated to teaching and student learning
- One of the UK’s top sporting universities: 2nd in the British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS) Championship for the last four consecutive years
- Supportive sport scholarship scheme.
Sport Degrees Durham
Launched for 20th Anniversary of Academic Sport Degree Programmes at Durham University. Providing news from students, staff and alumni :)
- RT @IainLindsey: Join our friendly ambitious & developing @SportDegreesDU team. New Prof. and Asst Prof. jobs…
Tweeted 4 days ago
- RT @Bright_Tweets: 1st year students should read our essential guides to studying, surviving and succeeding at uni https://t.co/6egeInMTfd
Tweeted 6 days ago
- Revamp of our reception area is on-going in preparation for the new term #community #progress #welcome https://t.co/LnwYu6Rqrc
Tweeted 6 days ago
- RT @BrettSmithProf: New post at a great university working with top people @MartinRoderick1 Excellent opportunity #recommend https://t.co/1…
Tweeted 2 weeks ago
- Great to see our PGR students presenting at @britsoci sports studies forum yest at @LincolnSportEx #research… https://t.co/c9Wwzwgzid
Tweeted 3 weeks ago