Publication details for Dr Mark McCormackMcCormack, M. & Anderson, E. (2010). It’s just not acceptable any more’ The erosion of homophobia and the softening of masculinity at an English sixth form. Sociology 44(5): 843-859.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0038-0385 (print), 1469-8684 (electronic)
- DOI: 10.1177/0038038510375734
- Keywords: Bullying, Gay, Heterosexuality, Homophobia, Masculinity, Schooling.
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
This ethnographic research interrogates the relationship between sexuality, gender and homophobia and how they impact on 16- to 18-year-old boys in a coeducational sixth form in the south of England. Framing our research with inclusive masculinity theory,