Professor Nicole Westmarland - all publications
- Wistow, R., Kelly, L. & Westmarland, N. (2017). ‘Time out’ a strategy for reducing men’s violence against women in relationships?. Violence Against Women 23(6): 730-748.
- Bows, Hannah & Westmarland, Nicole (2017). Rape of Older People In The United Kingdom: Challenging The ‘Real Rape’ Stereotype. British Journal of Criminology 57(1): 1-17.
- McGlynn, Clare, Westmarland, Nicole & Johnson, Kelly (2017). Under the radar: the widespread use of 'Out of Court resolutions' in policing domestic violence and abuse in the UK. British journal of criminology
- Kelly, L. & Westmarland, N. (2016). Naming and defining ‘Domestic Violence’ lessons from research with violent men. Feminist Review 112(1): 113-127.
- Bows, H. & Westmarland, N. (2016). Older sex offenders – managing risk in the community from a policing perspective. Policing and Society
- Downes, J., Kelly, L. & Westmarland, N. (2014). Ethics in Violence and Abuse Research - a Positive Empowerment Approach. Sociological Research Online 19(1): 1-23.
- Westmarland, N. & Alderson, S. (2013). The health, mental health and well-being benefits of Rape Crisis counselling. Journal of Interpersonal Violence 28(17): 3265-3282.
- McGlynn, Clare, Westmarland, Nicole & Godden, Nikki (2012). "I just wanted him to hear me": sexual violence and the possibilities of restorative justice. Journal of Law and Society 39(2): 213-240.
- Alderson, S., Westmarland, N. & Kelly, L. (2012). The Need for Accountability to, and Support for, Children of Men on Domestic Violence Perpetrator Programmes. Child Abuse Review 22(3): 182-193.
- Westmarland, Nicole & Kelly, Liz (2012). Why extending measurements of 'success' in domestic violence perpetrator programmes matters for Social Work. British Journal of Social Work
- Westmarland, N. & Graham, L. (2010). 'The promotion and resistance of rape myths in an internet discussion forum’. Journal of Social Criminology 1(2): 80-104.
- Easteal, P. & Westmarland, N. (2010). A Virtual Sabbatical: A Pioneering Case Study. Innovative Higher Education 35(5): 297-311.
- Hester, M. & Westmarland, N. (2006). Domestic Violence Perpetrators. Criminal Justice Matters 66(1): 34-35.
- Westmarland, N. & Anderson, J. (2001). Safe at the Wheel? Security issues for female taxi drivers. Security Journal 14(2): 29-40.
- Westmarland, N. (2001). The quantitative/qualitative debate and feminist research: a subjective view of objectivity. Forum: Qualitative Sozialforschung/Forum: Qualitative Social Research 2(1): 13.
- Westmarland, N. (2015). Violence against Women. Criminological perspectives on men’s violences. Routledge.
Chapter in book
- Kelly, Liz & Westmarland, Nicole (2015). New approaches to assessing effectiveness and outcomes of domestic violence perpetrator programmes. In Critical Issues on Violence Against Women. Johnson, H., Fisher, B.S. & Jaquier, V. Routledge. 183-194.
- Westmarland, Nicole (2008). Preface. In Rape Crisis: Responding to Sexual Violence. Jones, H. & Cook, K. Dorset: Russell House Publishing.
- Westmarland, N. & Gangoli, G. (2006). Approaches to Prostitution. In International Approaches to Prostitution: Law and Policy in Europe and Asia. Westmarland, N. & Gangoli, G. Bristol: Policy Press.
- Westmarland, N. (2006). From the Personal to the Political: Shifting Perspectives on Street Prostitution in England and Wales. In International Approaches to Prostitution: Law and Policy in Europe and Asia. Gangoli, G. & Westmarland, N. Bristol: Policy Press. 21-43.
- Radford, J. & Westmarland, N. (2005). In memoriam: Sue Lees (1941-- 2002), her life, research and influence. In Researching Gender Violence: Feminist methodology in action. Skinner, T., Hester, M. & Malos, E. Devon: Willan Publishing.
- Westmarland, Nicole & Gangoli, Geetanjali (2011). International Approaches to Rape. Policy Press.
- Gangoli, Geetanjali & Westmarland, Nicole (2006). International Approaches to Prostitution: Law and Policy in Europe and Asia. The Policy Press.
- Westmarland, Nicole (2008). Rape's a real crime. The New Statesman 10 July 2008.
- Westmarland, Nicole (2008). The Rape Crisis crisis. The New Statesman 18 March 2008.
- Westmarland, Nicole, Thorlby, Katie, Wistow, Jane & Gadd, David (2014). Domestic Violence: Evidence Review.
- Westmarland, Nicole, Thorlby, Katie, Wistow, Jane & Gadd, David (2014). Domestic Violence: Evidence Review References.
- Alderson, S., Kelly, L. & Westmarland, N. (2013). Domestic Violence Perpetrator Programmes and Children and Young People. Project Mirabal briefing notes (3).
- Phillips, R., Kelly, L. & Westmarland, N. (2013). Domestic Violence Perpetrator Programmes: An Historical Overview. Project Mirabal briefing notes (2).
- Westmarland, N., Hardey, M., Bows, H., Branley, D., Chowdhury, M., Wheatley, K. & Wistow, R. (2013). Protecting Women’s Safety? The use of Smartphone ‘apps’ in relation to domestic and sexual violence. Centre for Research into Violence and Abuse, School of Applied Social Sciences Research Briefings (12).
- McGlynn, C., Westmarland, N. & Godden, N. (2011). Is Restorative justice possible in cases of sexual violence?. School of Applied Social Sciences, Research Briefings (5); Durham Law School, Research Briefings (1)
- Westmarland, N., Kelly, L. & Chalder-Mills, J. (2010). Domestic Violence Perpetrator Programmes: What Counts as Success?. Project Mirabal briefing notes (1).
- Bows, H., Jobe, A. & Westmarland, N. (2014). Sexual Violence Preventative Work with Young People. A Feasibility Study. Report for Darlington and Co. Durham Rape and Sexual Abuse Counselling Centre.
- Brown, J., Horvath, M., Kelly, L. & Westmarland, N. (2010). Connections and disconnections: Assessing evidence, knowledge and practice in responses to rape. London.
- Brown, J., Horvath, M., Kelly, L. & Westmarland, N. (2010). Has anything changed? Results of a comprative study (1977-2010) on opinions of rape. London.
- Hester, M., Westmarland, N. , Pearce, J. & Williamson, E. (2008). Early Evaluation of the Domestic Violence, Crime and Victims Act 2004. London, Home Office.
- Westmarland, N., Hester, M. & Carrozza, A. (2005). Domestic Abuse in Bristol. Findings from a 24-hour snapshot. Bristol, University of Bristol.
- Hester, M. & Westmarland, N. (2005). Tackling Domestic Violence: Effective Interventions and Approaches. London, Home Office.
- Hester, M. & Westmarland, N. (2004). Tackling Street Prostitution: Towards a Holistic Approach. London, Home Office.