View Research Directory
Reframing Citizen Relationships with the Public Sector in a Time of Austerity: Community Empowerment in England and Scotland
A research project of the Department of Geography.
Reframing State-Citizen Relationships in a Time of Austerity is a one year project funded by the AHRC as part of the Connected Communities Programme. The project aims to critically explore how the differing policy stances of the Scottish and UK public sectors are being rolled out in a time of austerity. It will identify and examine the mechanisms through which the role of the state in relation to community empowerment is being changed in light of the ‘Big Society’ and 'Localism' agenda in England and the Community Empowerment Bill in Scotland.
- Annette Hastings, Glasgow University
- Peter Matthews, Heriot-Watt University
- Catherine Durose, De Montfort University
- Tony Bovaird, University of Birmingham
- Katie Schmuecker, Senior Research Fellow