View Research Directory
Global Health Special Interest Group
A research group of the Wolfson Research Institute for Health and Wellbeing.
Applied Social Sciences (School of)
From other departments
Publications by staff in this group
- Stensgaard, A., Booth, M., Nikulin, G. & McCreesh, N. (2016). Combining process-based and correlative models improves predictions of climate change effects on Schistosoma mansoni transmission in eastern Africa. Geospatial Health 11(1s): 406.
- Ocampo, D. & Booth, M. (2016). The application of evolutionary medicine principles for sustainable malaria control: a scoping study. Malaria Journal 15(1): 383.
- McCreesh, N., Nikulin, G. & Booth, M. (2015). Predicting the effects of climate change on Schistosoma mansoni transmission in eastern Africa. Parasites & Vectors 8(1): 4.
- Norcliffe, J.L., Alvarez-Ruiz, E., Martin-Plaza, J.J., Steel, P.G. & Denny, P.W. (2014). The utility of yeast as a tool for cell-based, target-directed high-throughput screening. Parasitology 141(1): 8-16.
- Brown, H. & Kelly, A.H. (2014). Material proximities and hotspots: Towards an anthropology of viral haemorrhagic fevers. Medical Anthropology Quarterly 28(2): 280-303.
- Scott-Samuel, A., Bambra, C., Collins, C., Hunter, D.J., McCartney, G. & Smith, K. (2014). The Impact of Thatcherism on Health and Well-Being in Britain. International Journal of Health Services 44(1): 53-71.
- McCreesh, N. & Booth, M. (2014). Effect of water temperature and population density on the population dynamics of Schistosoma mansoni intermediate host snails. Parasites & Vectors 7: 503.
- McCreesh, N. & Booth, M. (2014). The effect of increasing water temperatures on Schistosoma mansoni transmission and Biomphalaria pfeifferi population dynamics: an agent-based modelling study. PLoS ONE 9(7): e101462.
- Houghton, L.C., Cooper, G.D., Bentley, G.R., Booth, M., Chowdhury, O.A., Troisi, R., Ziegler, R.G., Hoover, R.N. & Katki, H.A. (2014). A migrant study of pubertal timing and tempo in British-Bangladeshi girls at varying risk for breast cancer. Breast Cancer Research 16(6): 469.
- Sarfo, F.S., Sarfo, M.A., Kasim, A., Phillips, R., Booth, M. & Chadwick D. (2014). Long-term effectiveness of first-line non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NNRTI)-based antiretroviral therapy in Ghana. Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy 69(1): 254-261.
- McCreesh, N. & Booth, M. (2014). The Effect of Simulating Different Intermediate Host Snail Species on the Link between Water Temperature and Schistosomiasis Risk. PLoS ONE 9(7): e87892.
- Hunter, David J & Perkins, Neil (2012). Partnership working in public health: the implications for governance of a systems approach. Journal of Health Services Research & Policy 17(Supplement 2): 45-52.
- Booth, M. (2016). Why evolution must be at the centre of fighting parasitic infections. www.theconversation.com
- Booth, M. (2015). There’s a fly in the ointment of solar-powered LED lighting. www.theconversation.com
Chapter in book
- Hunter, D.J. (2013). Getting knowledge on 'wicked problems' in health promotion into action. In Health Promotion and the Policy Process. Clavier, Carole & De Leeuw, Evelyne Oxford: Oxford University Press. 131-153.