View Research Directory
Centre for Research into Violence and Abuse
A research group of the Department of Sociology.
Academic Staff: Sociology and Criminology
Academic Staff: Social Work
From other departments
- Professor Clare McGlynn (in the Durham Law School)
- Dr Emma Poulton (in the Department of Sport and Exercise Sciences)
- Dr Jill Tidmarsh (in the Business School)
Publications by staff in this group
- Nadkarni, J., Blakelock, D., Jha, A., Tiffin, P. A. & Sullivan, F. (2012). The Clinical Profile of Young People Accessing a Low Secure Adolescent Unit. The British Journal of Forensic Practice 14(3): 217-226.
- McGlynn, Clare, Westmarland, Nicole & Godden, Nikki (2012). "I just wanted him to hear me": sexual violence and the possibilities of restorative justice. Journal of Law and Society 39(2): 213-240.
- Easteal, P. & Westmarland, N. (2010). A Virtual Sabbatical: A Pioneering Case Study. Innovative Higher Education 35(5): 297-311.
- Tiffin, P. A., Shah, P. & Le Couteur, A. (2007). Diagnosing pervasive developmental disorders in a forensic adolescent mental health setting. British Journal of Forensic Practice 9(3): 31-40.
- Tiffin, P. A. & Cooper, S. (2006). Firesetting in young people. Forensic Update (87): 43-48.
- Tiffin, P. A. & Kaplan, C. (2004). Dangerous children - assessment and management of risk. Child and Adolescent Mental Health 9(2): 56-64.
- Westmarland, Nicole (2008). Rape's a real crime. The New Statesman 10 July 2008.
Chapter in book
- Tiffin, P. A. & Nadkarni, J. (2010). Evaluating Violence Risk in Young People. In The Cambridge Handbook of Forensic Psychology. Campbell, E. & Brown, J. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. 166-176.
- Tiffin, P. A. & Richardson, G. (2006). The use of structured instruments in the assessment of violence risk. In Children who commit Acts of Serious Interpersonal Violence - Messages for Practice. Hagell, A. & Jeyarajah-Dent, R. Jessica Kingsley. 205-210.