View Research Directory
Institute of Hazard, Risk & Resilience (IHRR)
A research group of the Department of Geography.
The Institute of Hazard, Risk & Resilience is a new initiative aimed at generating a step change in thinking about hazard and risk and to harness this research to inform global policy agendas. Set up to celebrate the 175th anniversary of Durham University the Institute is led by Durham’s RAE 5* Department of Geography, but fosters and co-ordinates innovative research across the University’s science and social sciences. From its hub in Durham, our aim is that by 2010 the Institute will be at the heart of an international network of research excellence in hazard and risk.
Generously funded by Alumni and University investments the £4.2M Institute will be housed in a purpose-built building designed to give iconic presence on the University campus.
- Professor Sarah Atkinson
- Professor Harriet Bulkeley
- Professor Alexander Densmore
- Professor Antony Long
- Dr Sim M. Reaney
- Dr Nick Rosser
From other departments
- Professor Robert Holdsworth (in the Department of Earth Sciences)
- Dr Claire Horwell (in the Department of Earth Sciences)
- Professor Lena Dominelli (in the School of Applied Social Sciences)