Dr Michelle W. de Gruchy
(email at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ph.D. Durham University, 2017
Routes of the Uruk Expansion
M.A. Archaeology of the Eastern Mediterranean and Middle East, University College London, 2008
Hon.B.A. (Honours) Archaeology, minor Near and Middle Eastern Civilizations, University of Toronto, 2006
I am a postdoctoral research assistant on the Climate, Landscape, Settlement and Society (CLaSS) Project: Exploring Human-Environmental Interaction in the Ancient Near East.
Department of Archaeology
Department of Geography
- Landscape Archaeology
- Late Prehistoric Middle East
- Quantitative Route Analysis / Pedestrian and Traffic Modelling
- Hollow Ways
- GIS and Remote Sensing
Chapter in book
- de Gruchy, M. & Cunliffe, E. (2020). How the Hollow Ways got their Form (and kept it): 5000 years of Hollow Ways at Tell al-Hawa. In New Agendas in Remote Sensing and Landscape Archaeology in the Near East: Studies in Honour of Tony J. Wilkinson. Lawrence, D., Altaweel, M. & Philip, G. Oxford Archaeopress. 124-143.
- Jotheri, J., de Gruchy, M.W., Almaliki, R. & Feadha, M. (2019). Remote Sensing the Archaeological Traces of Boat Movement in the Marshes of Southern Mesopotamia. Remote Sensing 11(21): 2474.
- de Gruchy, Michelle, Caswell, Edward & Edwards, James (2017). Velocity-Based Terrain Coefficients for Time-Based Models of Human Movement. Internet Archaeology (45).
- de Gruchy, Michelle, Deckers, Katleen & Riehl, Simone (2016). A diachronic reconstruction of the Northern Mesopotamian landscape (4th to 2nd millennia BCE) from three separate sources of evidence. Journal of Archaeological Science: Reports 8: 250-267.
- de Gruchy, M. (2015). Beyond Replication: The Quantification of Route Models in the North Jazira, Iraq. Journal of Archaeological Method and Theory 23(2): 427-447.
- Cunliffe, E., de Gruchy, M. & Stammitti, E. (2012). How to Build a Dam and Save Cultural Heritage. International Journal of Heritage in the Digital Era 1(supplement 1): 221-226.
- Cunliffe, E., de Gruchy, M. & Stammitti, E. (2012). Dam(ned) Archaeology. International Water Power & Dam Construction