Mr Robert Cramb
Rob joined the University in Jan 2004 as a teaching fellow in Sport and Exercise Physiology, prior to that he taught at both the FE and HE level in a number of institution in the north of England. At undergraduate level he studied Sports Science and also holds an MSc in Sport and Exercise Science, Rob is a Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Authority and is the laboratory manager for the programme at Durham. His main focus is the delivery of the physiology strand across all three years of the current degree programmes and he is currently the Programme Director for both the BSc Sport and Exercise Sciences and the BA in Sport, Exercise and Physical Activity Degree programmes, prior to this role he was the Chair of the board of Examiners for the programmes. Rob’s scholarship interests are focused mainly within the applied field of sport and exercise where he supervises a number of postgraduate (MRes and PhD) students.In addition to his teaching commitments. Rob also provides physiological support to the University elite athletes based at Maiden Castle.
Wolfson Research Institute for Health and Wellbeing
Indicators of Esteem
- Invited Speaker:
Sri Lanka Sports Medicine Association. 4th IOC, NOC Sport Medicine
Congress 6 – 8 December 2013
- Invited Speaker:
Sri Lanka Physiological Society, March 2017
- Bruce, M. & Cramb, R.K. (2016), Writing on the edge: Corpus Based Learning Activities to Support Student Writing in Unfamiliar Genres, Durham University Inaugural Learning and Teaching Conference September 2016. Durham, England.
- Olsen, P.D., Langford, T.M., Cramb, R.K., Pout, M.J. & White, D.J. (2007), The effects of pre-warming on maximal rowing performance, British Association of Sport and Exercise Science Annual Conference. University of Bath, University of Bath.
- Cramb, R.K. (2005), An examination into the physiological effects of four separate warm-up protocols, British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences Annual Conference. Loughborough University, Loughborough University.
- Morris, A., Cramb, R. & Dodd-Reynolds, C.J. (2018). Food intake and appetite following school-based high-intensity interval training in 9–11-year-old children. Journal of Sports Sciences 36(3): 286-292.
- McLaren, S.J., Weston, M., Smith, A., Cramb, R.K. & Portas, M.D. (2015). Variability of physical performance and player match loads in professional rugby union. Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport
- 2017: Oliver, Cramb, Wimalasekera, and Ranasinghe. (2017). Physical Activity, Rurality, and Health in Sri Lanka: Building sustainable health promotion systems. Funder: Newton Fund