Dr Stephen Welch, BA, DPhil (Oxon)
(email at email@example.com)
Lecturer in Politics. Taught previously at the University of Texas at Austin and Eotvos Lorand University in Budapest.
School of Government and International Affairs
- International Relations: Governance, Policing, Military Sociology
- Political Culture: Concept and Theory
- Political Scandal: Theoretical Aspects
- Welch, Stephen (2013). Hyperdemocracy. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Welch, Stephen (2013). The Theory of Political Culture. Oxford Oxford University Press.
- Welch, Stephen (1993). The Concept of Political Culture. Macmillan and St Martin's Press.
Chapter in book
- Welch, Stephen (2013). 'Political Culture: Approaches and Prospects'. In Intelligence Elsewhere: Spies and Espionage Outside the Anglosphere. Davies, Philip H. J. & Gustafson, Kristian C. Washington DC: Georgetown University Press. 13-26.
- Welch, Stephen (2005). 'Political Culture, Post-Communism and Disciplinary Normalisation: Towards Theoretical Reconstruction'. In Political Culture and Post-Communism. Whitefield, Stephen Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan. 105-124.
- Welch, Stephen & Kennedy-Pipe, Caroline (2004). 'Multi-Level Governance and International Relations'. In Multi-Level Governance. Bache, I & Flinders, M Oxford: Oxford University Press. 127-144.
- Welch, Stephen (2002). 'Pressure Groups, Social Movements and Participation'. In Developments in American Politics. Peele, Gillian et al. Basingstoke: Palgrave. 53-71.
- Welch, Stephen(with Caroline Kennedy-Pipe) (2001). 'Women in the Military: Future Prospects and Ways Ahead'. In New People Strategies for the British Armed Forces. Alexandrou, Alex, Bartle, Richard & Holmes, Richard London: Frank Cass. 49-69.
- Welch, Stephen & Wittlinger, Ruth (2011). 'The Resilience of the Nation State: Cosmopolitanism, Holocaust Memory and German Identity'. German Politics and Society 29(3): 38-54.
- Welch, S.E. (2007). Political Scandal and the Politics of Exposure: From Watergate to Lewinsky and Beyond. Politics and Ethics Review 3(2): 181-199.
- Kennedy-Pipe, Caroline & Welch, Stephen (2005). 'Russia and the United States after 9/11'. Terrorism and Political Violence 17(1 & 2): 279-291.
- Welch, Stephen & Kennedy-Pie, Caroline (2005). 'Stalin's Cold War: Certainties and Uncertainties'. Irish Slavonic Studies (Stalin: His Time and Ours): 111-31.
- Welch, Stephen (2001). 'Ethical-Political Dimensions of Police Intervention: Domestic and International Contexts Compared'. Civil Wars 4(1): 104-124.
- Welch, S.E. (1996). Culture, Ideology and Personality: Robert C. Tucker's Analysis of Stalinism and Soviet Politics. Journal of Communist Studies and Transition Politics 12(1): 1-37.