Dr Atanu Chaudhuri, Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering, Fellow in Operations Management (Phd)
Atanu Chaudhuri is an Associate Professor in Technology & Operations Management at Durham University Business School. He has around 9 years of industrial experience spanning automobile manufacturing, operations and supply chain consulting and research. He has worked with firms like Tata Motors, ECS Limited and Deloitte Research. He also has 9 years of academic experience and has held academic positions at Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow and at Aalborg University, Denmark. He had received the Best Teacher Award from the Study Board of Business and Industry at Aalborg University in 2017. He also leads the Digital Supply Chain working group of Mobility goes additive, a leading network for advancement and adoption of 3D Printing in mobility related industries and has been invited to speak at multiple industry forums on additive manufacturing in Denmark and Sweden.
His research interests are in supply chains and business models for digital manufacturing (with particular focus on additive manufacturing technologies), supply chain risk management and supply chain integration. His research is inspired by real problems in the industry and is most relevant for automotive, aerospace, industrial products, food processing, food retail and logistics industries. He is currently working on problems related to part selection for additive manufacturing, designing suitable supply chain structures and business models for additive manufacturing, design for additive manufacturing and its impact on performance, predictive analytics for maintenance and spare parts planning, risk and recall management in food supply chains and adoption of digital technologies in cold chains.
He has received funding from UK-India Education and Research Initiative, Danish agency for Science and Higher Education and Innovation Fund, Denmark, Turkish Research Agency (TUBITAK) for his research.
Dr. Chaudhuri has published in leading journals in Operations, Supply Chain and Technology Management such as International Journal of Operations and Production Management, International Journal of Production Research, Transportation Research: Part E, Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, Computers and Industrial Engineering, R&D Management, Journal of Engineering and Technology Management among others. He is also a Senior Associate Editor of International Journal of Logistics management.
Dr. Chaudhuri received his doctoral degree from Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow. His Phd focussed on integrated product platform planning, pricing and launch sequence determination and supply chain design for different platforms of commercial vehicles. He holds a Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering from Jadavpur University, India.
Atanu Chaudhuri is an Associate Professor in Technology & Operations Management. His research interests are in supply chains and business models for digital manufacturing (with particle focus on additive manufacturing technologies), supply chain risk management and supply chain integration.
- Supply chains and business models for digital manufacturing
- Supply chain risk management
- Supply chain integration.
- 1: Chaudhuri, A., Boer, H. & Taran, Y. (2018). Supply chain integration, risk management and manufacturing flexibility. International Journal of Operations and Production Management 38(3): 690-712.
- 2: Govindan, K. & Chaudhuri, A. (2016). Interrelationships of risks faced by third party logistics service providers: A DEMATEL based approach. Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review 90: 177-195.
- 3: Cheng, Y., Chaudhuri, A. & Farooq, S. (2016). Interplant coordination, supply chain integration, and operational performance of a plant in a manufacturing network: a mediation analysis. Supply Chain Management 21(5): 550-568.
- 4: Chaudhuri, A. & Jayaram, J. (2019). A socio-technical view of performance impact of integrated quality and sustainability strategies. International Journal of Production Research 57(5): 1478-1496.
- 5: Dixit, V., Chaudhuri, A. & Srivastava, R.K. (2019). Assessing value of customer involvement in engineered-to-order shipbuilding projects using fuzzy set and rough set theories. International Journal of Production Research 57(22): 6943-6962.
- 6: Frandsen, C.S., Nielsen, M.M., Chaudhuri, A., Jayaram, J. & Govindan, K. (2020). In search for classification and selection of spare parts suitable for additive manufacturing: a literature review. International Journal of Production Research 58(4): 970-996.
- Chaudhuri, A. & Massarola, D. (2019). Economic and environmental assessment of spare parts production using additive manufacturing. In Industry 4.0 and Hyper-Customized Smart Manufacturing Supply Chains. IGI Global.
- Chaudhuri, A. (2015). Supply chain innovations in health care. In Taylor and Francis. 261-272.
- Chaudhuri, A. & Singh, K.N. (2012). Risk assessment of supply chain during new product development: Applications in discrete and process manufacturing industries. In Springer-Verlag London Ltd. 9780857297785: 303-317.
- Bhattacharyya, M. & Chaudhuri, A. (2009). A combined QFD and Fuzzy integer programming framework to determine attribute levels for conjoint study. In Springer Netherlands. 245-258.
- Chaudhuri, A. & Singh, K.N. (2009). Two period product choice models for commercial vehicles. In Springer Netherlands. 289-301.
- Flores, Iñigo, Kretzschmar, Niklas, Azman, Abdul Hadi, Chekurov, Sergei, Pedersen, David Bue & Chaudhuri, Atanu (2020). Implications of lattice structures on economics and productivity of metal powder bed fusion. Additive Manufacturing 31: 100947.
- Cohen, Y., Naseraldin, H., Chaudhuri, A. & Pilati, F. (2019). Assembly systems in Industry 4.0 era: a road map to understand Assembly 4.0. International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology
- Chaudhuri, A., Rogers, H., Soberg, P. & Pawar, K.S. (2019). The role of service providers in 3D printing adoption. Industrial Management and Data Systems 119(6): 1189-1205.
- Prætorius, T., Chaudhuri, A., Venkataramanaiah, S., Hasle, P. & Singh, A. (2018). Achieving Better Integration in Trauma Care Delivery in India: Insights from a Patient Survey. Journal of Health Management 20(3): 234-254.
- Chaudhuri, A., Dukovska-Popovska, I., Subramanian, N., Chan, H.K. & Bai, R. (2018). Decision-making in cold chain logistics using data analytics: a literature review. International Journal of Logistics Management 29(3): 839-861.
- Chaudhuri, A., Saddikutti, V. & Prætorius, T. (2018). IKure techsoft: Providing technology enabled affordable health care in rural India. Asian Case Research Journal 22(2): 385-411.
- Ghadge, A., Karantoni, G., Chaudhuri, A. & Srinivasan, A. (2018). Impact of additive manufacturing on aircraft supply chain performance: A system dynamics approach. Journal of Manufacturing Technology Management 29(5): 846-865.
- Dixit, V., Chaudhuri, A. & Srivastava, R.K. (2018). Procurement scheduling in engineer procure construct projects: a comparison of three fuzzy modelling approaches. International Journal of Construction Management 18(3): 189-206.
- Holmström, J., Liotta, G. & Chaudhuri, A. (2018). Sustainability outcomes through direct digital manufacturing-based operational practices: A design theory approach. Journal of Cleaner Production 167: 951-961.
- Søberg, P.V. & Chaudhuri, A. (2018). Technical knowledge creation: Enabling tacit knowledge use. Knowledge and Process Management 25(2): 88-96.
- Chaudhuri, A., Srivastava, S.K., Srivastava, R.K. & Parveen, Z. (2016). Risk propagation and its impact on performance in food processing supply chain: A fuzzy interpretive structural modeling based approach. Journal of Modelling in Management 11(2): 660-693.
- Chaudhuri, A. & Boer, H. (2016). The impact of product-process complexity and new product development order winners on new product development performance: The mediating role of collaborative competence. Journal of Engineering and Technology Management - JET-M 42: 65-80.
- Daultani, Y., Chaudhuri, A. & Kumar, S. (2015). A Decade of Lean in Healthcare: Current State and Future Directions. Global Business Review 16(6): 1082-1099.
- Chaudhuri, A. & Singh, K.N. (2015). First mover advantage in launch of platform based variants: a leader-follower game with upper bound on prices. OPSEARCH 52(1): 42-54.
- Dixit, V., Srivastava, R.K. & Chaudhuri, A. (2015). Project network-oriented materials management policy for complex projects: A Fuzzy Set theoretic approach. International Journal of Production Research 53(10): 2904-2920.
- Srivastava, S.K., Chaudhuri, A. & Srivastava, R.K. (2015). Propagation of risks and their impact on performance in fresh food retail. International Journal of Logistics Management 26(3): 568-602.
- Dixit, V., Srivastava, R.K. & Chaudhuri, A. (2014). Procurement scheduling for complex projects with fuzzy activity durations and lead times. Computers and Industrial Engineering 76: 401-414.
- Chaudhuri, A., Dukovska-Popovska, I., Damgaard, C.M. & Hvolby, H.-H. (2014). Supply Uncertainty in Food Processing Supply Chain: Sources and Coping Strategies. IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology 440(PART 3): 183-191.
- Dixit, V., Srivastava, R.K. & Chaudhuri, A. (2013). Integrating materials management with project management of complex projects. Journal of Advances in Management Research 10(2): 230-278.
- Chaudhuri, A. & Lillrank, P. (2013). Mass personalization in healthcare: insights and future research directions. Journal of Advances in Management Research 10(2): 176-191.
- Chaudhuri, A. (2013). Simultaneous improvement in development time, cost and quality: A practical framework for generic pharmaceuticals industry. R and D Management 43(3): 227-241.
- Chaudhuri, A., Mohanty, B.K. & Singh, K.N. (2013). Supply chain risk assessment during new product development: A group decision making approach using numeric and linguistic data. International Journal of Production Research 51(10): 2790-2804.
- Chaudhuri, A., Koudal, P. & Seshadri, S. (2010). Productivity and capital investments: An empirical study of three manufacturing industries in India. IIMB Management Review 22(3): 65-79.
- Chaudhuri, A. & Bhattacharyya, M. (2009). A combined QFD and integer programming framework to determine attribute levels for conjoint study. International Journal of Production Research 47(23): 6633-6649.
- Singh, S.K. & Chaudhuri, A. (2009). The reality of India: Folding constraints into business strategy. Journal of Business Strategy 30(4): 5-16.