Dr Çağrı Haksoz, BSc (Bilkent), MPhil and PhD (NYU Stern)
Dr. Haksöz is an Associate Professor of Operations, Decision, and Risk management at the Durham University Business School. Prior to joining Durham University in 2019, Dr. Haksöz has taught and conducted research at top business and science institutions on three continents (America, Europe, Asia), namely Krannert School of Management of Purdue University (2018-2019), Sabanci University, School of Management, Istanbul, Turkey (2007-2018), Indian School of Business at Hyderabad, India (2017-2018), Max Planck Institute for Human Development, Berlin, Germany (2015), New York University, Stern School of Business, New York (2013), and Cass Business School, City, University of London, UK (2004-2008). He was an affiliate member of the Regent’s Centre for Transnational Studies, Regent’s College, London, UK during 2011-2015, and honorary visiting fellow at Cass Business School during 2008-2011.
Dr. Haksöz has published articles in journals such as Operations Research, MIT Sloan Management Review, Chaos: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Nonlinear Science, Mathematics of Operations Research, The Journal of Operational Risk, The Journal of Operational Research Society, International Journal of Production Research, Risk and Decision Analysis among others. Dr Haksoz currently serves in the Editorial Review Board for the International Journal of Emerging Markets (IJoEM). He has served as the Associate Editor for Transnational Marketing Journal during 2011-2015. He has authored/edited books titled Managing Supply Chains on the Silk Road (with S. Seshadri and A. Iyer, Taylor and Francis, 2011), Global Perspectives: Turkey (with M. Cakanyildirim, CSCMP, 2012), Risk Intelligent Supply Chains (Taylor and Francis, 2013), and İpek Yolunda Tedarik Zinciri Yönetimi (with S. Seshadri and A. Iyer, Scala, 2014).
His research and writing focus on Risk Intelligence, Risk Literacy, Decision Making, Supply Chain Risk, and New Silk Road. He has been designing and teaching at all levels (UG/MSc/MBA/EMBA/PhD/Executive as well as High Schools) different courses with a focus on Business Analytics, Operations, Supply Chains, and Risk Management, as well as Decision Making for 16 years. Dr Haksöz has been an adviser, consultant, and educator for multinationals, think tanks, as well as government organizations since 2003. As a leading scholar pioneering the concept of Silk Road Supply Chains, Dr Haksöz has advised The World Economic Forum and EastWest Institute.
Connecting mind with heart, Dr Haksöz has been composing, improvising and teaching authentic traditional Turkish folk music via master-apprentice relationship as a Silk Road Turkish Ashiq (Minstrel) for over 30 years. In late 90s, he has co-founded Yaren Ensemble in New York with Argentinean percussionist Gerardo Razumney and they have been performing in folk festivals and world music venues for almost 20 years. Dr. Haksöz holds BSc in Industrial Engineering at Bilkent University, MPhil and PhD in Operations Management at New York University’s Stern School of Business.
Dr Haksöz conducts research on managerial decision making, risk intelligence and business analytics for complex, dynamic, and fragile supply chains, especially along the New Silk Road using a multidisciplinary approach with tools of stochastic modelling, optimization, statistics, and cognitive psychology. He has been an adviser, consultant and educator for multinationals, think tanks, and government organizations on three continents America, Europe and Asia.
- Risk Intelligence
- Risk Literacy
- Decision Making
- Supply Chain Risk
- New Silk Road
- Haksöz, Çağrı (2013). Risk Intelligent Supply Chains: How Leading Turkish Companies Thrive in the Age of Fragility. Boca Raton, FL.: Taylor and Francis, CRC Press.
- Çakanyıldırım, Metin & Çağrı Haksöz (2012). Global Perspectives:Turkey. Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals.
Chapter in book
- Haksöz, Çağrı & Özgür Arslan (2012). Enerjisa: Managing Procurement Risks in Turkish Energy Industry. In Handbook for Supply Chain Risk Management: Case Studies, Effective Practices, and Emerging Trends. Khan, O & G. A. Zsidisin Fort Lauderdale, FL. J. Ross Publishers.
- Kaya, M & Ç Haksöz (2011). Borusan Lojistik: Winning in the 3PL Market. In Managing Supply Chains on The Silk Road: Strategy, Performance And Risk. Haksöz, Ç, S. Seshadri & A. V. Iyer Boca Raton, FL.: Taylor and Francis/CRC Press.
- Haksöz, Çağrı & Sridhar Seshadri (2011). Integrated Production and Risk Hedging with Financial Instruments. In Handbook of Integrated Risk Management in Global Supply Chains. Kouvelis, P. O. Boyabatli L. Dong & R. Li John Wiley & Sons.
- Demir, Muhittin H., Burcu Adıvar & Çağrı Haksöz (2011). Managing Procurement Risks in Turkish Machinery Industry: The Case of Renkler Makina. In Managing Supply Chains on The Silk Road: Strategy, Performance And Risk. Haksöz, Ç., S. Seshadri & A. V. Iyer Boca Raton, FL.: Taylor and Francis/CRC Press.
- Haksöz, Çağrı & Damla D. Uşar (2011). Silk Road Supply Chains: A Historical Perspective. In Managing Supply Chains on The Silk Road: Strategy, Performance And Risk. Haksöz, Ç., S. Seshadri & A. V. Iyer Boca Raton, FL.: Taylor and Francis/CRC Press.
- Manisaligil, A. & Çağrı, Haksöz. (2016). Days of Future Past: Implications of Mental Time Travel on Organizational Behavior. Academy of Management.
- Haksöz, Çağrı, , Sridhar Seshadri, & Ananth V. Iyer (2014). İpek Yolunda Tedarik Zinciri Yönetimi: Strateji, Performans ve Risk. Scala Yayıncılık, Istanbul, Turkey.
- Haksöz, Çağrı, Sridhar Seshadri & Ananth V. Iyer (2011). Managing Supply Chains on the Silk Road: Strategy, Performance, and Risk. Boca Raton, FL.: Taylor and Francis, CRC Press.
- Simsek, Koray D. Ç. Haksöz. & M. Cakanyildirim. (2019). Managing Supply Chain Risk Through Take-or-Pay Gas Contracts in the Presence of Buyer’s Storage Facilities. The Journal of Energy Markets
- Haksöz, Ç., Katsikopoulos, K. & Gigerenzer, G. (2018). Less can be more: How to make operations more flexible and robust with fewer resources. Chaos: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Nonlinear Science 28(6).
- Wei, Qi., H. Sak. S. Seshadri. & Ç. Haksöz. (2018). Optimization Under Supplier Portfolio Risk Considering Breach of Contract and Market Risks. Risk and Decision Analysis 7(3-4): 77-89.
- Asian, S., Ertek, G., Haksöz, Ç., Pakter, S. & Ulun, S. (2017). Wind Turbine Accidents: A Data Mining Study. IEEE Systems Journal 11(3): 1567-1578.
- Haksöz, Çağrı (2013). Risk Zekası Düşer İsen Tez Doğrul [Risk Intelligence: Stand Up Fast When You Fall Down. Denetisim 12: 84-85.
- Sezer, Ali Devin & Ç. Haksöz (2012). Optimal Decision Rules for Product Recalls. Mathematics of Operations Research 37(3): 399-418.
- Sak, Halis & Ç. Haksöz (2011). A Copula-Based Simulation Model for Supply Portfolio Risk. The Journal of Operational Risk 6(3): 15-38.
- Haksöz, Çağrı & M. Pinedo, (2011). Economic Lot Scheduling with Resources in Parallel. International Journal of Production Research 49(9): 2625-2641.
- Haksöz, Çağrı & K. D. Şimşek, (2010). Modeling Breach of Contract Risk through Bundled Options. The Journal of Operational Risk 5(3): 3-20.
- Haksöz, Çağrı & A. Kadam (2009). Supply Portfolio Risk. The Journal of Operational Risk 4(1): 59-77..
- Haksöz, Çağrı & A. Kadam (2008). Supply Risk in Fragile Contracts. MIT Sloan Management Review 49(2): 7-8.
- Haksöz, Çağrı & S. Seshadri (2007). Supply Chain Operations in the Presence of a Spot Market: A Review with Discussion. Journal of Operational Research Society 58(11): 1412-1429.
- Haksöz, Çağrı & S. Seshadri (2004). Monotone Forecasts. Operations Research 52(3): 478-486.
- Haksöz, Çağrı. (2017). Büyük, Küçük ve Güzel: Sağlam ve Esnek Tedarik Zincirleri icin Risk Zekası (Big, Little, and Beautiful: Risk Intelligence for Robust and Flexible Supply Chains). TEMSA Is Makinalari Annual Journal (May).
- Haksöz, Çağrı. (2015). Tedarik Zinciri Kontrat Yönetiminde Akıllı Kurallar (Smart Rules for Supply Chain Contract Management). UniBusiness:Transportation and Business Monthly (September): 50-51.
- Haksöz, Çağrı (2011). İpek Yolu’daki Tedarik Zincirleri: Geçmişten Günümüze Dersler ve Bekleyen Fırsatlar [Supply Chains on the Silk Road: Lessons from Past to Present and Emerging Opportunities]. Infomag (November).
- Haksöz, Çağrı (2011). Japonya Risk Üçgeni: Birbirini Tetikleyen Riskleri Algılama [Japanese Risk Triangle: Perception of Cascading Risks. Infomag (June).
- Haksöz, Çağrı (2010). Ürün Geri Çağırmada Stratejik Zamanlama [Strategic Timing in Product Recalls. Infomag (June).
- Haksöz, Çağrı (2010). Küresel Tedarik Zinciri Yönetimine Toyota Bakışı [Toyota Perspective on Global Supply Chain Management]. Infomag (December).
- Haksöz, Çağrı (2010). Risk Yönetiminde Karşılıklı Bağımlılık [Interdependence in Risk Management]. Infomag (February).
- Haksöz, Çağrı (2009). Tedarik Ağlarında Belirsizliği Yönetmek: Ekosistemlerden Dersler [Managing Uncertainty in Supply Networks: Lessons from Ecosystems]. Infomag (October).
- Haksöz, Çağrı (2008). An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Recalls. The Wall Street Journal
- Haksöz, Çağrı (2008). Sağlam Tedarik Zincirleri Tasarlamak [Designing Resilient Supply Chains]. Infomag (April).
- Haksöz, Çağrı (2008). Tedarik Ağı Risklerini Akıllıca Yönetmek [Managing Supply Network Risks Intelligently]. DergiL=Tedarik Zinciri Yönetimi ve Lojistik (June-July-August): 26-29.
- Haksöz, Çağrı (2007). Quality Management: Mattel Toy Recalls. The Wall Street Journal
- Haksöz, Çağrı (2006). Time to Forge Better Supply Chain Deals With China. The Financial Times
Available for media contact about:
- Business matters: Risk Intelligence
- Industry: Chemicals, plastics, oil & gas: Risk Management in Global Supply Chains
- Industry: Electronics, communications, computers: Risk Management in Global Supply Chains
- Business: Education and awareness: Risk Literacy
- Business, Economics & Employment: New Silk Road
- International: Business, economy & development: New Silk Road