Dr Eleni Akrida
(email at email@example.com)
I am an Assistant Professor (Teaching) in the Department of Computer Science. I graduated from the Department of Mathematics of Patras, Greece, in 2010, followed by an MSc in Mathematics of Computation. I completed my PhD in "Algorithmic Aspects of Temporal Graphs" in 2016. My teaching role involves both undergraduate and postgraduate Computer Science students.
- Algorithms and Complexity
My research interests lie in the field of algorithms, with a focus on dynamic networks, including:
- probabilistic methods in algorithms,
- algorithms and complexity of graph theoretic problems, and
- optimization problems in dynamic networks.
Chapter in book
- Akrida, Eleni C., Deligkas, Argyrios, Melissourgos, Themistoklis & Spirakis, Paul G. (2019). Connected Subgraph Defense Games. In Algorithmic Game Theory. 11801: 216.
- Akrida, Eleni C., Gąsieniec, Leszek, Mertzios, George B. & Spirakis, Paul G. (2016). On Temporally Connected Graphs of Small Cost. In Approximation and Online Algorithms. 9499: 84.
- Akrida, Eleni C. Mertzios, George B., Nikoletseas, Sotiris, Christoforos, Raptopoulos,, Spirakis, Paul G. & Zamaraev, Viktor (2019), How fast can we reach a target vertex in stochastic temporal graphs?, in Baier, Christel Chatzigiannakis, Ioannis Flocchini, Paola & Leonardi, Stefano eds, Leibniz International Proceedings inInformatics (LIPIcs) 132: 46th International Colloquium on Automata, Languages, and Programming (ICALP 2019). Patras, Greece, Dagstuhl Publishing, Dagstuhl, Germany, 131:1--131:14.
- Akrida, E.C., Mertzios, G.B. & Spirakis, P.G. (2019), The temporal explorer who returns to the base, in Heggernes P. eds, Lecture notes in computer science 11485: 11th International Conference on Algorithms and Complexity (CIAC 2019). Rome, Italy, Springer, Cham, 13-24.
- Akrida, Eleni C., Mertzios, George B., Spirakis, Paul G. & Zamaraev, Viktor (2018), Temporal Vertex Cover with a Sliding Time Window, 45th International Colloquium on Automata, Languages, and Programming (ICALP 2018).
- Akrida, E.C., Gasieniec, L., Mertzios, G.B. & Spirakis, P.G. (2014), Ephemeral networks with random availability of links: diameter and connectivity, Proceedings of the 26th ACM symposium on Parallelism in algorithms and architectures (SPAA). Prague, Czech Republic, Association for Computing Machinery, Prague, 267-276
- Akrida, E.C., Mertzios, G.B., Spirakis, P.G. & Zamaraev, V. (2020). Temporal vertex cover with a sliding time window. Journal of Computer and System Sciences 107: 108-123.
- Akrida, Eleni C. & Spirakis, Paul G. (2019). On Verifying and Maintaining Connectivity of Interval Temporal Networks. Parallel Processing Letters 29(02): 1950009.
- Akrida, Eleni C., Czyzowicz, Jurek, Gąsieniec, Leszek, Kuszner, Łukasz & Spirakis, Paul G. (2019). Temporal flows in temporal networks. Journal of Computer and System Sciences 103: 46.
- Akrida, E.C., Gasieniec, L., Mertzios, G.B. & Spirakis, P.G. (2017). The complexity of optimal design of temporally connected graphs. Theory of Computing Systems 61(3): 907–944.
- Akrida, E.C., Gąsieniec, L., Mertzios, G.B. & Spirakis, P.G. (2016). Ephemeral networks with random availability of links: The case of fast networks. Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing 87: 109-120.