Mr Richard J. Stockton, MA TESOL
(email at email@example.com)
Richard J. Stockton is an English language teacher and doctoral student. His earlier publications concern languaculture issues and narratology. Hailing from the snowy Canadian prairies, he has taught EAL learners in various settings in Asia, and currently in Indonesia. His professional interests include young learners, traditionalist education, and intersections of TESOL with philosophy.
- ABR, ABER, A/R/Tography
Indicators of Esteem
- Summary: :
TESOL International, TESOL 2021 Conference submission reviewer. 2020.
The Ruth Crymes TESOL Fellowship for Graduate Study grant reviewer. 2019.
Rosa Aronson TESOL Professional Learning Scholarships reviewer. 2018.
TESOL International, TESOL 2019 Conference submission reviewer. 2018.
TESOL International, Betty Azar Grant reviewer. 2017.
Teaching certificate, K-12. British Columbia, Canada.
TESL Canada Federation Professional Certificate, Level 3, Permanent. 2018.
Chapter in book
- Stockton, Richard J. (2020). Narrative story cards for ELT: A report on their development and effectiveness. In English Linguistics, Literature, and language teaching in a changing era. Madya, S., Renandya, W.A, Oda, M. Sukiyadi, D., Triastuti, A. Ashadi Andriyanti, E. & Hidayanto P.S.P, N. Routledge. 257-263.
- (2020), Developing arts-based research methodology for understanding English language learner identity: Learning in a time of globalism in context, Imagining Better Education. Durham University, Durham, UK.
- Stockton, Richard J. (2019), Developing English language teaching metaphorical associative cards, CamTESOL. Phenom Phen, Cambodia.
- Stockton, Richard, J. (2019), Ibn Khaldun's Muqaddimah for ELT, TESOL Indonesia International Conference. Lombok, Indonesia.
- Stockton, Richard J. (2018), Developing English language teaching metaphorical associative cards, ICE3LT. Jogjakarta, Indonesia.
- Stockton, Richard J. (2017), Haptic-integrated pronunciation teaching, Asia TEFL & TEFLIN. Jogjakarta, Indonesia.
- (2020). Lessons from Ibn Khaldun's Muqaddimah for Today’s Foreign Language Teacher. Arab World English Journal (AWEJ) 11(2): 117-126.
- Stockton, Richard, J. (2019). Developing English Language Teaching Metaphorical Associative Cards (ELTMAC): Complete Report. Humanizing Language Teaching 21(2).
- Stockton, Richard J. (2018). Recultured language in Indonesian English Language Teaching. Indonesian Journal of English Language Teaching 13(2): 131-153.
- Stockton, Richard J. (2019). Mythic Language and Identity in Narrative ELT Materials Development: Research proposal.
- Stockton, Richard J. (2019), How to design and use your own story cards for teaching EAL, Tutela, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
- Stockton, Richard, J. (2020). EAL learner identity research through fictional narrative: Cases in Indonesia TESOL.
- Stockton, Richard J. (2020). TESOL Applications of the Regressive Imagery Dictionary: An Exploratory Analyses of Word Frequency, Text-Type, and Narrative Production.
Available for media contact about:
- Subject specialists: