Katherine Wyndham Vasquez, Geographer - MSc - PhD Researcher
(email at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Geographer - Facultad de Aquitectura y Urbanismo, Universidad de Chile.
MSc Regional and Urban Planning Studies - London School of Economics and Political Science.
PhD Research Project
‘Population ageing during COVID-19 pandemic: shifting discourses and practices within inherited urban landscapes, the case of Santiago, Chile.’
Considering the unprecedented impact of the SARS-COV-2 pandemic in Chile, and particularly on older people, this research explores how the existing institutions and programs designed to address the needs of the older people are adapting to respond to the COVID-19 emergency, exploring the evolving rationalities and practices, as well as the extent to which the inherited institutional landscape conditions their adaptation and response.
Funded by The Advanced Human Capital Program, of the National Commission for Scientific and Technological Research (CONICYT) of the Chilean Government.
- Age-Friendly Cities, Demographic Transition, Urban Studies, Disaster Risk Reduction, Climate Adaptation
- Wyndham, Katherine E, Castro, Carmen-Paz & Sarmiento, Juan-Pablo (2020). From Disaster Risk Construction to Disaster Risk Reduction: Exploring the Agency of Urban Land-Use Planning in Chile. Planning Practice & Research 1.
- Castro-Correa, Carmen-Paz, Aldunce Ide, Paulina, Wyndham Vásquez, Katherine, Mena Maldonado, Dania & Pérez Tello, Sonia (2020). Transformation of social capital during and after a disaster event: the cases Chañaral and Diego de Almagro, Atacama Region, Chile. Natural Hazards 103(2): 2427.
- Soto, María Victoria, Arratia, Paz, Cabello, Misael, Moreno, Rodrigo & Whyndam, Katherine (2019). Amenazas de origen natural y exposición de obras de conectividad estratégica en territorios extremos. Fiordo Comau, Norpatagonia de Chile. Revista de geografía Norte Grande (73): 57.
- Castro, Carmen-Paz, Sarmiento, Juan-Pablo, Edwards, Rosita, Hoberman, Gabriela & Wyndham, Katherine (2017). Disaster risk perception in urban contexts and for people with disabilities: case study on the city of Iquique (Chile). Natural Hazards 86(1): 411.