Dr Nicola J. Townsend
(email at firstname.lastname@example.org)
I graduated with MSci Physics and Space Research from the University of Birmingham 2007. Since then I have tried my hand at various things before completing my PhD in semiconductor device physics between 2014 and 2018 at the University of Exeter. I have now joined the Future Energy Systems group in the Department of Engineering at Durham University.
Department of Engineering
Indicators of Esteem
- 2018: Futuristic super-thin metal could create ‘solar-panel shirts’: A press release from the Defence Science and Technology Laboratory.
- Idris, M. Idzdihar, Weng, Ming H., Peters, Amy, Siddall, Ryan J., Townsend, Nicola Jane, Wright, Nick G & Horsfall, Alton B. (2019). Positive flatband voltage shift in phosphorus doped SiO2/N-type 4H-SiC MOS capacitors under high field electron injection. Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics 52(50): 505102.
- Nagareddy, V. Karthik, Octon, Toby J., Townsend, Nicola J., Russo, Saverio, Craciun, Monica F. & Wright, C. David (2018). Humidity-Controlled Ultralow Power Layer-by-Layer Thinning, Nanopatterning and Bandgap Engineering of MoTe2. Advanced Functional Materials 28(52): 1804434.
- Townsend, Nicola J, Amit, Iddo, Craciun, Monica F & Russo, Saverio (2018). Sub 20 meV Schottky barriers in metal/MoTe2 junctions. 2D Materials 5(2): 025023.
- Amit, Iddo, Octon, Tobias J, Townsend, Nicola J, Reale, Francesco, Wright, C David, Mattevi, Cecilia, Craciun, Monica F & Russo, Saverio (2017). Role of charge traps in the performance of atomically thin transistors. Advanced Materials 29(19): 1605598.
- Townsend, Nicola & Amit, Iddo (2019). The future is flexible. 32: 35.