Dr Samuel Riviere
Sam Riviere completed a PhD in Creative and Critical Writing at the University of East Anglia in 2012. He is the author of the poetry collections 81 Austerities (London: Faber & Faber, 2012), which won the Forward Prize for Best First Collection, and Kim Kardashian’s Marriage (Faber, 2015), which was shortlisted for the inaugural Ledbury Forte Prize. Safe Mode (London: Test Centre, 2017), an ‘ambient novel’, is his first work of fiction. In 2009 he received an Eric Gregory Award, and a selection of his poetry is collected in the recently revived Penguin Modern Poets series.
His limited-edition publications include Standard Twin Fantasy (Norwich: Egg Box, 2014) and True Colours (New York: After Hours Ltd, 2016); with the novelist Joe Dunthorne he collaborated on the digital book The Truth About Cats and Dogs (London: Visual Editions, 2016). He has published in many journals including Financial Times, Guardian, New Statesman, Poetry, Poetry London, Poetry Review, Tin House, TLS, White Review. From 2015–2017 he was Writer-in-Residence at the University of Edinburgh, and since 2015 he has run the poetry micropublisher If a Leaf Falls Press.
- Riviere, Sam (2017). Safe Mode. Test Centre.
- Riviere, Sam (2016). True Colours. After Hours Ltd.
- Riviere, Sam (2015). Kim Kardashian's Marriage. Faber & Faber.
- Riviere, Sam (2014). Standard Twin Fantasy. Egg Box.
- Riviere, Sam (2012). 81 Austerities. Faber & Faber.
- Riviere, Sam (2010). Faber New Poets 7. Faber & Faber.