Dr Blossom Fernandes, BSc, MSc, PhD, FHEA, CPsychol.
Broadly my research interests lie within developmental psychopathology with a particular focus on executive function and emotion regulation. More specifically, I am interested in the development of emotion regulation in typical and atypical children and adolescents. I have previously used a mixture of experimental tasks and self reports to find out whether the ability to successfully modulate emotional expression is linked to executive functions.
I am currently involved in a project investigating the outcome of an intervention programme to improve emotional well-being and social skills.
Department of Psychology
- Emotion Regulation
- Executive Functions
- Behavioural/Emotional Disorders
Chapter in book
- Fernandes, B., Tan-Mansukhani, R. & Essau, C. A. (2017). Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. In Emotion Regulation and Psychopathology in Children and Adolescents. Oxford: Oxford University Press. 113-128.
- Essau, C. A. & Fernandes, B. (2017). Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder: Cultural Factors. In The SAGE Encyclopedia of Abnormal and Clinical Psychology. Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE Publications, Inc.
- Essau, C. A. & Fernandes, B. (2017). Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder: Psychological Factors. In The SAGE Encyclopedia of Abnormal and Clinical Psychology. Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE Publications, Inc.
- Fernandes, B., Hashmi, S. I. & Essau, C. A. (2015). Ataque de Nervios. In The Encyclopedia of Clinical Psychology. 1.
- Essau, C. A., Sasagawa, S., Jones, G., Fernandes, B. & Ollendick, T. H. (2019). Evaluating the real-world effectiveness of a cognitive behavior therapy-based transdiagnostic program for emotional problems in children in a regular school setting. Journal of Affective Disorders 253: 357.